Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys just bought a used 2011 and lots of dummy lights are on. I have lots of codes. I am wondering if they are all related and are caused by something simple???

Initially I had the tpms light on and the obd2 reader picked up 11-1, 34-1, 38-1. the truck was parked for few days (did the leaky radiator replacement ) and now OBDII sensor reads 41-1(pcm communication line failure), 25-1 (yaw rate sensor fail), b1137 (abnormal battery voltage) and p2185 (ect sensor 2 circuit high voltage).

Could you guys please share your opinion as to where I should start? Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I would suspect the battery. Ridgelines are known to do all kinds of weird stuff when the battery gets weak.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah start by the battery. I remember mine was weak and then a few hours later the trip odometer had cleared while it was off by itself, and the starter made a weird grinding noise, but once I replaced the battery, I have never had a problem anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok will have the battery checked out tm. The owner said he just replaced it. But can't trust the guy.

Should I also worry about yaw sensor? Also the driver side front wheel rubs on the firewall at turns. Wonder if something is bent. Hopefully it's not the frame. As this truck does have a "minor" accident history as per the owner.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,267 Posts
Don't bother testing the battery, replace it with one you trust

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Also the driver side front wheel rubs on the firewall at turns. Wonder if something is bent. Hopefully it's not the frame. As this truck does have a "minor" accident history as per the owner.
Does it have oversized tires? Is it lifted or lowered?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Start by clearing the codes and see what comes back. The codes may have been induced by the battery replacement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope truck is not raised or lowered. It's just the driver side.

Also did the battery change and reset the codes. Will let you know what pops up again.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Please verify your tire sizes on all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just replaced the battery on mine this past week for second time. Old battery had run down to the point of not starting the RL. I saw more lights flashing on the dash than I even knew about before the new battery was installed. Received $64.00 and change because of poor longevity of previous battery.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What size/make are the tires? The rubbing could just be a bigger tire if it rubs at 3/4 turn.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well that's stock so your rubbing isn't the tires. Maybe turn the wheel to where it generally rubs and look up in there. Not sure what else would cause a rub.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
If the wheel or tire is rubbing, it shouldn't take long to figure out what it is rubbing on. Inspect the tire and wheel and look for scuffing, scratching, marring, etc. and then look for the possible points on the truck body that might show similar indications.

It is possible that a shield or something else is loose underneath and rubs something (drive shaft maybe) only during the turn. Nonetheless, there should be evidence (gouges, clean spots, shiny metal, etc.).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are scuff marks on the shields and they are secured tightly. I do notice the gap is smaller between the shield and the tire when conpared to passanger side (wheels pointing straight).

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Which shields, the ones on the inside of the brake rotor? If so, they bend easily and can be straightened with little effort. Just bend it away from the brake rotor a little bit and see if that eliminates the rub.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Does your RL drive straight?

This sounds like a possible frame issue (residual from the accident) that has not been properly resolved. A good shop should be able to put it on their machine and verify the numbers for a straight frame.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts