Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 2006 Ridgeline and I couldn't be happier. I still have quite a bit of stuff lying around from my F150 that I'm trying to determine what should go into the Ridgeline and what not. It has the factory 6-disc changer which my wife loves. I have all my music on USB drives which introduced the issue.

I have the aftermarket headunit from my F150 that has USB input, but if I want to keep the factory 6-disc in the Ridgeline, could I use this to read the music from my drives? Does anyone have any experience with these units? Do they work as expected? Does filename text appear on the factory HU? Etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12093086818...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3433wt_1396

Beyond that, I have an amp and sub and some Infinity component speakers I may want to install. I've always heard it's just not worth it and that it will damage higher-end speakers to be wired up with a low RMS powersource (like that from a Honda factory headunit.) Any thoughts on this?

Am I just wasting my time trying to make the factory HU work? I really like its integration with the steering wheel and look of the truck's interior.

Thank in advance. Really happy to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. And thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like the GROM-USB2 will not only add USB to my factory gear, but also BT. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts