Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I've been lurking for a bit getting as much information as I can. I've been interested in a Ridgeline for awhile and I'd had it with my Dakota. Nothing but problems. My wife has an Element and it's been fantastic, so I wanted to give this a try. Guess we're a Honda family now.

Went today and picked up a 2006 RTL with 131k miles. Had very thorough records and all maintenance was done at 105k for the timing belt, etc. Could only find a couple of small things wrong with it. I'll have to replace the CV axles as they are leaking. The A/C compressor isn't kickin' on for some reason either. Both were negotiated down heavily on the price.

Loving it so far. It has an "SS" on the back. Since there is no Ridgeline SS, I'm betting a previous owner thought it was super cool and put it on there. It'll be coming off ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
"Sukiyaki Supersport" ! !

I really dig your pinstripe & the 5 spoke chromies. How is the finish holding up on those? Mine are suffering some delamination around a few of the edges.

Nice Looking Truck.... I'm wondering if your wife likes it better than your Dakota??? (as a passenger)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Sukiyaki Supersport" ! !

I really dig your pinstripe & the 5 spoke chromies. How is the finish holding up on those? Mine are suffering some delamination around a few of the edges.

Nice Looking Truck.... I'm wondering if your wife likes it better than your Dakota??? (as a passenger)
The front passenger side wheel has some peeling. I think there are a few rough spots on the rear passenger wheel also. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to fix that up.

I may keep that stripe, but definitely not the SS. Ugh.

Wife loves it. The Dakota was TERRIBLE to ride in. We have an 11 month old now and it just wasn't working to have her jammed back there. It was a quad cab but still "cozy".

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the ROC!

Love that a Honda with 130k miles is an upgrade in reliability over the Dakota :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts
Welcome to the ROC. Assuming you have the proper refrigerant and quantity in your AC system, I'd check the AC compressor clutch relay and make sure that's working. But if the system is low, I don't think it will allow the compressor to kick on. If the system is out of charge, there have been instances of the lines wearing through in the vicinity of the power steering pump.

You can probably swap a non-critical relay like your seat heater relay and/or test the relay for proper function.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Congrats, welcome and go ahead and lose the SS and the stripe. :act035:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats and welcome to the ROC!

Love that a Honda with 130k miles is an upgrade in reliability over the Dakota :)
I bought the Dakota in 2012. It was a 2007 and had about 84k on it at the time. Luckily, I purchased the USAA extended warranty. Within the year of coverage that I purchased, I had to do roughly $6,000 in repairs to the drivetrain and a few other areas. That was about half the value of the truck. It was TERRIBLE. I'm glad nothing has broken since that warranty ran out. It really felt like I was riding around in a time bomb.

Ugh.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard the ROC!

You might just be able to change just the boot clamps.The RL is notaries for grease getting by the bands.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow. 2006 and 130k.....I wish I lived in a state that did not have to deal with winters. That thing looks practically new and I bet although someone clearly took good care of it, probably didn't do anything out of the ordinary in washing and waxing here and there. I feel like hard winter states easily take a few years life off a vehicle. All the salt and countless cold starts below zero clearly have taken its toll on vehicles I have owned...and I am a little paranoid about keeping clean vehicles. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for it? Curious to know what good used high miles RLs are going for now. Any kind of warranty come with it? I'm sure it will be a good vehicle for a few years for you. My dad has an 06 Dakota 4door 4x4 v8 with 90,000 miles on it. It is overall a good truck and has been pretty trouble free for a few years, but I just am waiting for something to break on that truck and keep telling him to trade it in while he can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure some will say I paid too much for it. I got it for $11,500. I really could've talked them down another thousand probably. I walked away feeling okay about it though and I wasn't really ever out to screw them over. I didn't feel bad because of the service records and the report from the mechanic. The A/C turned out to be an easy fix (unless it leaks like an SOB), and the CV axles might not be too bad either. We'll see!

No warranty for it. I got an extended warranty through USAA for the Dakota which is why it was upside down about $1400. Ugh. I didn't want to do that again for this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts