Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! Finalized the deal tonight. Silver RTL S/R XM $28030, $29867 out the door price. I pick it up on Friday night, with my ROC checklist in tow. I saved over 2K from the original quote I got from my local dealer, who admitted that I should take the deal I was offered elsewhere. After all the research and assistance from this board, I feel I got a good price.

I contacted via fax and phone 15 dealers in NY, NJ, and PA. Most were professional and thankful for the opportunity to have a shot at my business. Although several seemed to not take my intention to buy seriously. Nonetheless, I went with a dealer in-state (PA) and only a 45 min drive away. Another dealer 2 hours away came in with a last minute $400 lower offer, but I had already given my word to the other dealer, and I questioned his last minute antics anyway.

Seems to me, the prices out west are a bit lower. But my wife loves it here, and this is where home is, so no complaints.

If anyone lives out my way in NE PA and you want to know dealer names and what they offered, PM me and I will gladly oblige. Thanks again to everyone, and I will post again in this thread to let you know how the pick-up process went.

paguard

L

·
0 Posts
Congrats my new SILVER buddy!! :D
Welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here.
Be sure to post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Outstanding paguard! Way to go! Congratulations. Be sure to print a few ROC brochures and give them to your salesperson. They will be glad you did!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
paguard said:
Finally! Finalized the deal tonight. Silver RTL S/R XM $28030, $29867 out the door price. I pick it up on Friday night, with my ROC checklist in tow. I saved over 2K from the original quote I got from my local dealer, who admitted that I should take the deal I was offered elsewhere. After all the research and assistance from this board, I feel I got a good price.

I contacted via fax and phone 15 dealers in NY, NJ, and PA. Most were professional and thankful for the opportunity to have a shot at my business. Although several seemed to not take my intention to buy seriously. Nonetheless, I went with a dealer in-state (PA) and only a 45 min drive away. Another dealer 2 hours away came in with a last minute $400 lower offer, but I had already given my word to the other dealer, and I questioned his last minute antics anyway.

Seems to me, the prices out west are a bit lower. But my wife loves it here, and this is where home is, so no complaints.

If anyone lives out my way in NE PA and you want to know dealer names and what they offered, PM me and I will gladly oblige. Thanks again to everyone, and I will post again in this thread to let you know how the pick-up process went.

paguard
Wow paguard, We bought our RTS for 30145. OTD just six months ago. I'd say you did very well. Welcome home and enjoy the smooth ride.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congratulations paguard. Welcome to the ROC family. You not only got a great deal but you also bought a SILVER one. Everyone knows that the SILVER ones are the best.:D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. Too bad about the primer color. Did you get a better deal buying one of the UNPAINTED ones?:D :D :D

L

·
0 Posts
zero said:
Too bad about the primer color. Did you get a better deal buying one of the UNPAINTED ones?:D :D :D
Ya know zero...statements like that could find you waking up one morning with a "primer painted" truck. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Ya know zero...statements like that could find you waking up one morning with a "primer painted" truck. :D
Wow Lady that is a long drive to FL just to repaint his truck. Not to mention the potential risk of arousing his pet alligator :D.

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
Wow Lady that is a long drive to FL just to repaint his truck. Not to mention the potential risk of arousing his pet alligator :D.
I have a sister in Jacksonville...I can always say I'm just visiting. :D
Alligator?? I bet he's green like that truck of his too!! ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for the welcomes. Wow, I didn't realize how dedicated Ridge owners are to their color. I almost went blue, but the black accessories just look so good in contast to the silver. I just emailed the checklist to the dealer requesting he program the truck so that all the locks unlock when the tranny is put in park. I'm sure he has no idea about all the frustration that has caused some members. I hope he can make it work.

I still can't figure out the build date of my truck, even though I have the VIN #. I looked at all the posts in regard to the wind noise, now I am paranoid. If anyone can help me figure out the build date, by use of the VIN # please let me know. The dealer told me my Ridge arrived directly from the factory on 11/1, so I am hopeful that the lock and wind noise problems are not an issue. What if I do hear the noise on my test drive, should I wait until he can get me a different vehicle?

Of course, I am already checking out accessories. In channel window visors, running boards, and rear mud flaps are on my wish list first. I like the look of the retrax tonneau cover too. If I purchase the mentioned accessories from some of the mentioned links on these boards, can I assume a local mechanic would be able to install them? My local dealer is expensive, and I don't know which end of the screwdriver to hold.

Can't wait until Friday!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Re: new purchase Silver RTL S/R XMh

If it arrived on 11/1 it is likely either a 10/05 build or a 9/05 build, depending on how backlogged they are at the factory. Since 9/05 builds have been out there for a while, I would guess 10/05. But it is on the inside panel of the driver's door.

It is fairly likely that a local mechanic can install most of your accessories, but if you expect warranty on them, you need to have them installed by your dealer.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
paguard, if you order the Retrax and cant find someone local to install it for you, come on over. For that matter, come anyway. It would be an easy road trip in your new Ridgeline and it would be fun! I have a two car garage and we can do it in an hour or two. The install is a piece of cake. I am just outside of State College but close enough to be able to see Beaver Stadium at PSU. If you just want to see one before ordering, I am sure that we can get together. Just let me know what I can do.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
paguard said:
In channel window visors, running boards, and rear mud flaps are on my wish list first. I like the look of the retrax tonneau cover too. If I purchase the mentioned accessories from some of the mentioned links on these boards, can I assume a local mechanic would be able to install them? My local dealer is expensive, and I don't know which end of the screwdriver to hold.

Can't wait until Friday!
Hey, you're only waiting until Friday. We had to wait a WHOLE month. Count your blessings.

Don't you dare pay anyone to attach your rear mud guards or your window visors. Those are DIY for complete clutzes jobs. The running boards take a special tool, so we had our dealer do them. You might want to call other dealers in the area. We paid $800 install fee on our back up camera and the fellow we just met said the other dealer we visited is doing it for $500.

Friday's just a day away now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts