Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
26 Posts
'22 Black Edition had it a week. Here are some things to note so far:

-Wind noise on drivers side. Even at low speeds. Not good.
-Arm rest is too short. Way too short
-Engine cuts off at stop , very annoying.
-Brakes are stiff. much harder to press than my nissan
-Confusion about locking the tailgate and compartment in bed. The key will not turn to lock the compartment, the key only opens it. Does the compartment sense i have the fob and automatically not lock when i'm near it? How to lock the tailgate? FOB proximity keeps it unlocked?
How much time did you spend test driving, playing with the features, reading comments and reviews from this group and other reviews.
I have said it before where I simply do not understand why somebody would spend this much money purchasing a vehicle, obviously without doing a lick of research and apparently not even doing a test drive, and then hurry to get to an Internet forum just to complain about it? Have we been taken in by another troll?

Bill
Exactly! I read the comments from new buyers that are complaining about their purchase. Why did you buy it then. Before I purchased my 2021 RTL E, I research everything I could find, including this forum. When I went for a test drive, I spent about an hour driving it in town, on the highway, cruise on and off, testing brakes, sitting in it at dealer checking out the features, making sure I would be comfortable spending upwards of $50K on a vehicle. Sure, there are things that need improvement, but my RTL E is heads above what I found in other trucks I was looking at. 8 months in I'm still happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with wjfyfe.
I mean wtf?
Apparently the vehicle has an Atkinson Cycle style engine.
Test drove the vehicle and never noticed that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How much time did you spend test driving, playing with the features, reading comments and reviews from this group and other reviews.
Exactly! I read the comments from new buyers that are complaining about their purchase. Why did you buy it then. Before I purchased my 2021 RTL E, I research everything I could find, including this forum. When I went for a test drive, I spent about an hour driving it in town, on the highway, cruise on and off, testing brakes, sitting in it at dealer checking out the features, making sure I would be comfortable spending upwards of $50K on a vehicle. Sure, there are things that need improvement, but my RTL E is heads above what I found in other trucks I was looking at. 8 months in I'm still happy with my purchase.
Arm rest is tiny.

Rattling coming from the driver side door. Very annoying, i been pounding on the door panel in efforts to get it to stop.

Brakes arent very responsive, lotta pressure required to stop the vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
205 Posts
Come on man. The armrest was there when you bought the car. It’s not like they put a smaller freaking armrest in. I’m sure you felt the brakes when you test drove the car.

And, you should definitely just keep complaining about all of the other stuff instead of actually going back to the dealership about your concerns.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Arm rest is tiny.

Rattling coming from the driver side door. Very annoying, i been pounding on the door panel in efforts to get it to stop.

Brakes arent very responsive, lotta pressure required to stop the vehicle
Maybe carmax or another site is in your future

·
Registered
'22 RTL-E HPD Package
46 Posts
Come on man. The armrest was there when you bought the car. It’s not like they put a smaller freaking armrest in. I’m sure you felt the brakes when you test drove the car.

And, you should definitely just keep complaining about all of the other stuff instead of actually going back to the dealership about your concerns.
Just picked up my '22 about a week ago and breaks are totally fine. They don't bite like the Brembo 6-piston ones on my other vehicle but for a truck, they are pretty good in my opinion. And I love the armrest aka chicken wing, like having a captain's chair.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had driven a 2017 2 years ago for about 5 mins around the dealership parking lot. Did not like the front and got a really good deal on a Nissan Frontier. Picked up my 2022 Ridgeline last Saturday and didn't test drive it. No need to. I knew it was excellent and I should have bought one back then already. Finally they fixed the front fascia. Love this thing.
During the Frontier days did you ever wish you'd gotten the Ridgeline, despite it's Accord-like nose?

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T (2016-2021), 2022 RTL-E (2021-present)
77 Posts
Who knew that armrests were such a uniquely subjective personal preference!? Seems like half the posters hate the ones in RL and the other half like them. I guess I'm in the 3rd half.... I don't like any type of armrest so I've had mine up for the entire time.

·
Registered
'22 RTL-E HPD Package
46 Posts
During the Frontier days did you ever wish you'd gotten the Ridgeline, despite it's Accord-like nose?
I came from a 2007 Ford Ranger 4 cylinder, so the 2019 Frontier (though an ancient platform) was a step up for me. I got a 1 year old Frontier (highest trim level) with 15k miles for less than a 3 year old RTL with 60k miles. I thought the Frontier was all the truck I wanted and needed. My brief test drive with the Ridgeline revealed the vast difference in ride quality but the Frontier was good enough for me at the time. Also, I didn't really know what I was missing out on. I have to admit that I did not like the Ridgeline's front fascia very much.

2 things led me to sell the Frontier: I needed more cabin space and used car prices are crazy right now. The newer platform, new front fascia, clever features, superior ride quality of the Ridgeline are all cherries on top for me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts