Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New (Almost)(Will be today) first time Ridgeline owner here.
Trading my 07 Tacoma DBL Cab 4 X 4 82K on the clock
plus a 2016 Subie Forester limited 34K on the clock. Doing the deal today.

Test drove the Ridgeline the other day and said this is it !
Love it.
Taco is a rough ride and the Subie with it's short wheel base very truck-ish as well.
Honda R L is perfect

Getting a 2020 Sport.
Wanted to get a 2021 E but for some reason not many Ridgeline's in my area of Rapid City SD.
Saw one 300 miles away in NE but before I could even call them it was gone like in 2 days.

Prices have went up on the R L's like $3 K in a year.

Anyway Honda Ridgeline is perfect.

Glad to be aboard.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,709 Posts
Hope the deal today, goes smoothly without any hiccups. Are you getting a certified pre-owned (extra warranty period) 2020 Honda Ridgeline Sport? Or is it being sold by someone other than a Honda dealer. Please share some photos.

Reactions: Clayton Gripslee

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deal is done other than picking it up. Gotta take out the upgraded stereo equipment out of the Subie and the subwoofer out of the Taco but other than that it's a done deal.
Bought the Sport from a non honda dealership and the warranty is for the rest of the 3 years or 36K and 100K on the power-train is my understanding.

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was a local vehicle. Person who owned it from Sturgis SD 28 miles away from me
17K on the clock or 50 miles a day for the past 365 days.

Vehicle is very clean. Cloth seats which I guess I will live with. lolol
No sunroof that I would hardly ever use anyway.or rear slider which is the most common entry point of where most people break in is from what I've been told.
Pros and cons of a sport I guess.
Just way happy with it and now see why that they're are not many available.

Would have purchased a 21 had I could have, but no "E's or "L's" available in my area, plus would have had to sell both of mine myself which could be done but would have been a hassle
Local dealership which is a shady outfit at best has a sport or 2 available but they are generally $2K over what they should be and are going for just about every where else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anything can happen to any vehicle, but historically Honda builds great vehicles. I sold them from 1999-2018. I just took delivery of a ‘21 Black Edition a week ago. Wouldn’t have stayed with Honda if it wasn’t a quality product. I just wanted you to know that the powertrain warranty is only up to 60k, not 100k. Hyundai and Kia can tout their longer warranty period all they want, I’m not fond of their products.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,709 Posts
Is the "powertrain" known to have any issues then?
So what is the warranty on a non-certified one then?
The powertrain in the 2020 is reliable with the 9-speed. You hit the sweet spot on pricing with a 2020.

Reactions: lionsm13

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello. New (Almost)(Will be today) first time Ridgeline owner here.
Trading my 07 Tacoma DBL Cab 4 X 4 82K on the clock
plus a 2016 Subie Forester limited 34K on the clock. Doing the deal today.

Test drove the Ridgeline the other day and said this is it !
Love it.
Taco is a rough ride and the Subie with it's short wheel base very truck-ish as well.
Honda R L is perfect

Getting a 2020 Sport.
Wanted to get a 2021 E but for some reason not many Ridgeline's in my area of Rapid City SD.
Saw one 300 miles away in NE but before I could even call them it was gone like in 2 days.

Prices have went up on the R L's like $3 K in a year.

Anyway Honda Ridgeline is perfect.

Glad to be aboard.
Welcome to the White Ridgeline Club!

I love the Black Hills--my GF is from Hot Springs, and we will be going up there in September. Looking to drive some of the fire roads in the area, no extreme offroading of course. And will be pulling a trailer and carrying bikes.

Last year we went fly-fishing in Rapid City--the only city of any size I can think of where you can just go in a city park, walk into the river and start fishing for trout. Planning on fishing at Spearfish Canyon this year.

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done deal. Got er home and in the garage, looking all pretty.
Ridgeline has 17 K on the clock.
Heard someone say earlier on here in the forum that the "rear differential" needs to be changed at 15K?

Thinking that the person who owned the Ridgeline before me probably didn't have the 15K done so arranged to have the dealer do that. They split the price of that with me.

Anyone know what type of and or weight of fluid and quantity that it takes?
Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perhaps beings how it is a local vehicle maybe if I gave the local Honda dealer the VIN they might be able to look and see? Would this be a remote possibility?

·
Registered
2020 Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Would it tell you the service record though?

Just called the local dealership and was told it was changed at 15K so I'm good !!
Yay !!
All they needed was the last 8 of the VIN and voila.

Would recommend that anyone who buys a "used vehicle" to call your local and ask em.
It's probably in a national data base I'm thinking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts