Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I've read the forums for a few months now as I'm hunting for a Ridgeline :)
I've found a few of them and I've stumbled across one with a SWAPPED engine.

2008 Ridgeline, 4WD ex-l body has 205,000kms and the SWAPPED engine has 140,000kms. He's put 25,000kms on this SWAPPED engine.
The owner has all the recipets and mechanic shop paperwork, he also suggests that if I have any doubts I can take it into to be looked at.
The truck has one owner. The owner stated that the engine threw a wrench, rod went through the engine.
His carfax is loaded and fairly clean besides the blown engine ( haha ).
Click here for the CARFAX

My question is simple, should I be buying a ridgeline with a swapped engine ?

Please see the listing:

AUTOTRADER LISTING

THANKSSSS

@Carsmak ^^^^

@Ridgeline727 ^^^^

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,775 Posts
Since I'm entirely unfamiliar with your market, Other than I am certain it is a useful vehicle for where you live in Canada? (Unsure why it's not showing a Canadian Flag) Seems Like it was driven hard to replace an engine at 126k miles. I would seriously inspect for rust, check radiator fittings and if you have a preferred mechanic take it to them.

I would move on!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I'm entirely unfamiliar with your market, Other than I am certain it is a useful vehicle for where you live in Canada? (Unsure why it's not showing a Canadian Flag) Seems Like it was driven hard to replace an engine at 126k miles. I would seriously inspect for rust, check radiator fittings and if you have a preferred mechanic take it to them.

I would move on!!!
I'm currently in Chile, though headed back to Canada in a few weeks :)

Honda ridgeline is a useful vehicle, for sure.

I'll continue my hunt and potentially have this truck looked at.

THanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.