Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new Deep Scarlet Red RTL-E from a dealer in NC 178 miles from where I live in VA. On my way back home I get a call from UVA Hospital in Charlottesville. They have a donner kidney for me and I need to get there ASAP. I rush home and park my new truck and travel up to UVA with my daughter and wife. After 2 operations they transplant the new kidney and keep me in the hospital or 2 weeks and tell me no driving for a month. BTW my MPG on the drive up in my 2010 RTS was 21.3 mpg and the return trip with the new RTL-E was 27.2 mpg [same driving conditions] It is a beautiful driving truck.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Congrats on the new kidney! Hope it works out well for you! The new RL is incentive to heal quickly - Doc may let you drive sooner if you heal fast and have a sweet (soft) ride!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations on your new kidney. Follow your doctor's orders so you will be able to fully enjoy your "new" long life driving your awesome new truck!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
congrats on the new kidney and the new truck! That is a dedicated ridgeline owners member! Takes ntoe of the MPG on his new truck WHILE rushing to get a kidney transplant! THAT, is dedication. I hope you live another 100 years!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
I have the RTL-E in DSP too. Absolutely love the color. I've never had a vehicle that I ended up rubbing down with a microfiber towel every 2 to 3 days, but the reward is that deep luster and sheen in the right sunlight. It's just a fantastic color. For you it's a good news / good news story. So long as you don't take any shortcuts like driving to the mailbox (what could go wrong?). Mind the wife and the doctor, and probably in that order. Good luck on a full recovery!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts