Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So new in fact, I actually have not picked it up from the dealer yet.:act035:

It's a 2008 RTL, Billet Silver with gray interior. Mileage is one of the things that attracted me to this RL, it's showing 33,586 miles, and is a verified one-owner vehicle. I began my search looking for a newer one, maybe a 2011 or 2012, but I could not pass this one up at that mileage.

I plan on this being what my family calls "a 10 year car" which is exactly what it sounds. I almost always have a daily driver that is a high utility type of vehicle, and I keep that vehicle for a long period, thus the "10 year" reference. My secondary vehicle is usually something I keep for 3-4 years. Currently that spot in the garage is occupied by a Porsche Boxster.

My last 10 year car, a Subaru Outback, actually was only an 8 year car, but had accrued 160K on it, and was getting a little tired. Upkeep was starting to get a little too big of a concern and I was starting to lose confidence in her.

So that's the spot the RL will fill. I needed something to make the frequent long drives I make from GA to VA and back bearable, usually with two dogs with me, and sometimes with a motorcycle as well. The Outback had to tow a trailer for the bike, but the RL will let me leave the trailer at home. Hell, I'll probably sell the darn thing. Trailer that is, not the bike!

I've owned multiple Hondas before so I know what to expect. Had an Element for a while, and loved it. I think the RL is the next logical step up.

So, anyway, the deal is closed on it, I do own it, but it had acquired a scuff/scratch/gouge on the rear bumper while at the dealer. I know it happened there because it is not shown on the pics they have on their website. Part of my deal with them was that they would refinish the rear bumper. Probably won't get done until tomorrow and I'll pick up this weekend.

I'll come back and post up pics.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Welcome to the ROC! Lifetime Premium membership and you don't actually have the keys to the Ridgeline yet....nice!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the ROC! Lifetime Premium membership and you don't actually have the keys to the Ridgeline yet....nice!
Thanks man! I always pay my way on forums. I get a lot of value from others, seems only right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts