Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings!

Just bought my first Ridgeline. Used 2017 Black Edition with 36k miles.

On the way home I went ahead and purchased Weathertech mats for the front and custom phone mount and holder from Proclip - little things :)

Will be digging into these forums researching everything from Tonneau covers to front-end lifts and everything in between.

Looking forward to it!

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Congratulations on your BE RL, @Bryanjb. You will appreciate the versatility and the smooth ride of the Ridgeline.

Reactions: Bryanjb

·
Registered
549 Posts
Change the rear door checkers.....really good mod. Maybe previous owner already did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change the rear door checkers.....really good mod. Maybe previous owner already did.
Ha, not even sure I know what "rear door checkers" are?

Edit - quick search gave me the info I need. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear doors have definitely NOT had the rear door checkers replaced. Will remedy that - thanks for the tip!

I ordered the leveling kit from Truxx primarily for the price. On sale for $189 and significantly cheaper than the alternatives.

I am a big fan of the leveled look and knew I wanted to do it asap upon purchasing a Ridgeline. Now to find someone to install it :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This is kinda minor, but has helped me. Had a 2007 RL, used the trunk all the time - mostly tools, various tie-downs, etc. - and the contents were always in some state of mess/jumble, even after straightening for the seemingly millionth time. Someone here posted a pic of theirs with trunk dividers....looked much better. Got some for my 2019 RL, and wow, what a difference! I still have a number of items in there, but so much easier to manage. Liked it so much I got dividers for the console storage bin, and that's staying so much neater too, and with no additional effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings!

Just bought my first Ridgeline. Used 2017 Black Edition with 30k miles.

On the way home I went ahead and purchased Weathertech mats for the front and custom phone mount and holder from Proclip - little things :)

Will be digging into these forums researching everything from Tonneau covers to front-end lifts and everything in between.

Looking forward to it!
I just bought a 2020 Ridgeline RTL-e... Amazing vehicle. Check out the Extang Trifecta 2.0. Great top and has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My excitement has been tempered by this ridgeline needing fuel injectors replaced at the tune of $1100. I feel played a bit as I imagine it was a known issue with the codes cleared and traded in with mileage that was a bit of change past warranty. I drove it less than 48 hrs when it started slinging emissions codes. After some research I see this is not uncommon. Seems a recall candidate from the amount of complaints about it

·
Registered
85 Posts
My excitement has been tempered by this ridgeline needing fuel injectors replaced at the tune of $1100. I feel played a bit as I imagine it was a known issue with the codes cleared and traded in with mileage that was a bit of change past warranty. I drove it less than 48 hrs when it started slinging emissions codes. After some research I see this is not uncommon. Seems a recall candidate from the amount of complaints about it
That's crap! I'm guessing the 3yr is up on the 3/36? Did it not come with any kind of used warranty, like the Honda Certified Pre-owned? Also taken from @zroger73 post on the pilot forum these states have an extended warranty for them. "The fuel injectors are external parts and covered under the new vehicle limited warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles except in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Washington where they are covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles. The fuel injectors are also covered by the Honda Care extended warranty and by some third-party warranties. "

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe reach out to the BBB or your states attorney general. I wonder if you could request their (the Honda Dealer you purchased it from) maintenance records on that vehicle? I have no doubt they have reset the codes on it. I would raise h*ll before I came out of pocket for the whole thing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most states have implied warranty laws for late model, low mileage, used vehicles unless the vehicle was specifically sold “as-is”. I would be very surprised if your state does not provide consumer protection laws to cover this situation. Contact the consumer affairs office in your state to understand your rights as a consumer. Armed with that information, contact the dealership’s management and request that they cover the cost of repairs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
THAT's a bummer. Like above, I'd go back to your dealer and give them a shot at doing you right. If they don't and there's another dealership in a reasonable distance I'd see if they want to earn your business. If that fails I'd try corporate Honda customer service. My Harley engine blew up out of warranty and after giving a reasonable plea they replaced my engine free. Honda should be embarrassed to have done that to you. I'd give them all a shot to make it good.

If all else fails, you could shame them into bartering you buy parts and they do labor. Should cut your cost in half.

Hope you successfully get it behind you and have a long happy relationship w/ your new ride. 🤞👍:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on your 17 BE RL. I suggest getting door checkers. K&N drop in air filter, 1.5 leveling kit (Im using Truxxx) and a sprint booster..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your 17 BE RL. I suggest getting door checkers. K&N drop in air filter, 1.5 leveling kit (Im using Truxxx) and a sprint booster..
Thanks! Already ordered door checkers and Truxx kit. I'll look into the sprint booster. And good idea on the K&N, haven't thought of that yet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks! Already ordered door checkers and Truxx kit. I'll look into the sprint booster. And good idea on the K&N, haven't thought of that yet.
think twice on the k&n air filter.
Yes more air flow, Yes more HP on the revs. But to attain that extra air flow it filters less efficiently.
Do you need that? It will introduce more and larger contaminants to your oil. Do you need that too?
Your wear and compression will be reduced over time because of the abrasiveness your oil will become from the K&N.
I used K&N's in my race cars exclusively. Can't beat the performance. I also changed the oil EVERY WEEK on my race motors. I would NEVER use a K&N air filter on my Daily driver unless you race your RL every week. Do your research.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rear door checkers replaced, was a breeze. Weathertech SLOW during covid and still havent gotten my mats.

Received truxx leveling kit - now to get to an installer

On the agenda, Lomax Tonneau, illuminated door sills, window tinting.

wheels, audio etc. further down the line.

Oh, I have a claim filed with Honda on my Fuel injector repair and dealer is following up with it for me, hoping for a little something anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was informed this morning I am being reimbursed the full cost for my fuel injector repair.

The general manager of the dealership worked with Honda to secure a partial reimbursement and the dealership is going to make up the difference!

Major props to Royal Honda in Metairie, LA

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic
31 Posts
It’s good to hear that your dealer is doing the right thing. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts