Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! 3 weeks to the day I am the proud owner of a Black RTL S/R. Through browsing this site and reading all the posts on here from all you great people I learned alot about the Ridgeline.

When I was ready to buy the Ridgeline I decided to do the Internet quoting system. Sure enough one of the local dealers came back at invoice which was good enough for me. Actually out of the three dealers I selected via the internet quote, the dealer I bought the truck from was the only one that got back to me. Guess no one else wanted my business.

Even though I knew about the problems of this first year truck(water leak, paint, windshield noise) I still decided to buy, and I am glad I did. :)

Sure enough today I noticed at only 1060 miles that my paint was pealing at the top of the rear bumber driver side, I have white spots scattered throughout the black paint of the truck mostly on the hood and I have some minor wind noise. I called the dealer but the body shop manager hasn't returned my call yet. :mad:

I still don't regret buying this truck. I love it. In the 3 weeks that I haved owned I feel that the truck is well worth the price and aggreavation for all its usefullness, functionality and just the joy of driving it.

I look forward to being apart of the ROC.

Mark

·
Registered
578 Posts
MArk - sorry to hear about the paint. At the very least, they need to fix that bumper I think.

I have a black maxima which I gave to my dad... I would never buy another black vehical. So hard to take care of...

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your new truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Linger,

Not really. My last car was a 98 Mustang Cobra. I just like using it for a login name. I was ford guy all my life. 68 Cougar, 93 Bronco, 97 Mustang GT, 98 Mustang Cobra, and now a 2006 Honda Ridgeline. When my wife got her Black 2005 CRV SE a couple of months ago I was very impressed with Honda and I kept checkin out the ridgeline at the dealership. I started obsessing about the Ridgeline so we had to get one. :D

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Mark

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats, and you know if your wife's car is a Honda too you should add that to your signature as well, it is in the family after all. The Civic in my signature is my wife's car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
MarkCobra, welcome to the ROC. Black Ridges are the best so you chose wisely. Vote for it in the color poll thread.

L

·
0 Posts
Hello Mark and Congratulations!!
Welcome to the ROC family..we KNOW you'll continue to enjoy your new ride!!
:p

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really don't post any messages, just not my style, but I thought that this might be a good time for my first. I got my black RTL on 3/23/06, almost six months ago and I am constantly feeling guilty. I was the first one sold by a large dealer in Westchester NY and I had to wait two weeks for the first black one to come in. The guilt comes from loving an inanimate object!!! I mean I know its just mettle and can be replaced but I Truly love this truck! I've had junk most of my life while the wife always had the new cars or van(Odyssey 2000) and finally as a birthday present I convinced my wife to upgrade from buying a CRV to the Ridgeline. I have 4,300 trouble free, defect free unbelievable driving miles and I'm getting a constant 20 mpg on the road at 65mph. What's not to like? You have to drive one to know and then you would understand how great a truck this is!!! (changed oil at 3,000 and put in Slick 50-went from 19.something to 20 mpg at the same time frame. Broke in or additive? Don't really know but I'm HAPPY!!

BKLYNBOY11

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That bright streak of red you just saw pass you by was a Red Ridgeline approaching light speed as it cruised past you. Red is simply a faster color that is why we are always getting picked on by the men and women in blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts