Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What color are you ordering? (Just a fun poll, select your color choice on the site!)

• HPD Gold

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Black

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's right! Our Jstu Elite's Molle Panels sets are now officially on the site for pre-order! There will be a limited quantity on these so get in early. Our current pictures show the original prototypes, but the new rendered pictures show the updated final versions which include slots to make them compatible with uni-strut users!

Our Molle Panel sets are meant to upgrade the storage capabilities of your Honda Ridgeline and are a direct bolt on installation. You can use them with most bed racks and bed covers. Please contact us to check compatibility before ordering.

These storage panel sets will be available in
Black, Silver and HPD Gold powder coat. They are made out of 5000 series aluminum and will be 3/16" thick, so very strong and capable!

Building Rectangle Grey Tower block Font
Building Rectangle Architecture Font Brick

Grille Rectangle Brick Font Electronic instrument
Rectangle Font Grille Automotive exterior Pattern

Rectangle Electronic instrument Font Grille Brick
Rectangle Font Facade Pattern Space

(images below are of the prototypes, final Molle Panels now include a slot for Unistrut Compatibility!)
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Wheel Rolling

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel
Circuit component Rolling Gas Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting. I've never seen anything like this and didn't know it existed. I can see how it could come in handy, though!
Thank you! Its something we've seen for sometime on other trucks but not on the Ridgeline so figured it would be pretty trick to have it! We've been using ours (the prototype) and love it.

Will y'all be making one for the bed-header location?
We did explore this in the early design phases but decided to leave it alone for now. A few reasons, the location is hard to reach anyway when you are reaching from the bed sides, the panel would need to be a multi-stage panel and/or bracket setup (more involved) and we also wanted to keep costs down by simplifying the kit. If we do see a substantial interest in the front portion we will definitely reconsider it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you! Its something we've seen for sometime on other trucks but not on the Ridgeline so figured it would be pretty trick to have it! We've been using ours (the prototype) and love it.

We did explore this in the early design phases but decided to leave it alone for now. A few reasons, the location is hard to reach anyway when you are reaching from the bed sides, the panel would need to be a multi-stage panel and/or bracket setup (more involved) and we also wanted to keep costs down but simplifying the kit. If we do see a substantial interest in the front portion we will definitely reconsider it!
Nice but a little too expensive for something I would occasionally use. Maybe better for a work truck

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice but a little too expensive for something I would occasionally use. Maybe better for a work truck
No problem! We appreciate the feedback and do have more products on the way so stay tuned. Also, just to confirm the price is for a set, not a single side (just in case there is any confusion). Thank you!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
USRack Ridgeline 5 uses an angled C-channel piece to secure their bed rail. This would seen to occupy space your panel might need and present a conflict with installing on my truck with that rack in place. The photos seem to indicate this. Is there a gap of any size between the top of your panel and the bottom of Honda's bed rail? Is it at least 1/8”? Or, does the panel mount out from under the overhang, entirely?
Thank you.

Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,903 Posts
Now if someone would only manufacture a simple rubber bed mat for the Ridgeline. The one I have for my gen 1 is too short for my gen 2.

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might not be for me but I have to say that it's nice to see someone making unique quality accessories for the Ridgeline!
Thank you DT, much appreciated! There's more coming so hopefully we can find something that works for your Ridgeline!

USRack Ridgeline 5 uses an angled C-channel piece to secure their bed rail. This would seen to occupy space your panel might need and present a conflict with installing on my truck with that rack in place. The photos seem to indicate this. Is there a gap of any size between the top of your panel and the bottom of Honda's bed rail? Is it at least 1/8”? Or, does the panel mount out from under the overhang, entirely?
Thank you.
Thank you for the picture poohbill! There is a slight gap both from the top leading edge of the bed rail and a gap between the panel and the vertical edge of the bedrail itself yes, approx 1/4". Now, its hard to say for sure from your particular picture, but I think you can make it work without trouble. Those with Uni-struts can leave our upper spacers out and just secure the 3 top mounts to the unistrut itself (and just let our panel press against the USRack bed rail). Hard to describe.. I'll see if I can come up with a sketch etc.

Now if someone would only manufacture a simple rubber bed mat for the Ridgeline. The one I have for my gen 1 is too short for my gen 2.
Hey Feetdry, we hear you. Rubber is not a material we work with but could we ask you a question? What does the rubber mat do for you? Protect the bed or are there other benefits? I ask because maybe another product we have in the design phase could help. Thank you!

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree.

Bill
We hear you Bill, unfortunately pricing on materials is very high and only going up so we priced it competitively to other manufacturers offering similar products for the other trucks. We can assure you there are no significant mark ups on any of our products, the material/labor costs are high and make our margins very thin. We just want to offer unique products for the Ridgeline community that's been neglected for so long on the accessory front. Thank you and hope we find something that works for you and your Ridgeline!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I wasn't looking for justification of the cost, just offered my opinion. Just like when the base Ridgeline went north of $30,000, and is now $10,000 more then just three years ago, we will never buy another new one.

Bill

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasn't looking for justification of the cost, just offered my opinion. Just like when the base Ridgeline went north of $30,000, and is now $10,000 more then just three years ago, we will never buy another new one.

Bill
Got it. Just wanted to be transparent anyway. But that comparison is not relevant to this, you are referencing dealer "market adjustment" fees which are just made up inflation-compensating costs. I agree its gotten out of hand though.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Thank you DT, much appreciated! There's more coming so hopefully we can find something that works for your Ridgeline!

Thank you for the picture poohbill! There is a slight gap both from the top leading edge of the bed rail and a gap between the panel and the vertical edge of the bedrail itself yes, approx 1/4". Now, its hard to say for sure from your particular picture, but I think you can make it work without trouble. Those with Uni-struts can leave our upper spacers out and just secure the 3 top mounts to the unistrut itself (and just let our panel press against the USRack bed rail). Hard to describe.. I'll see if I can come up with a sketch etc.

Hey Feetdry, we hear you. Rubber is not a material we work with but could we ask you a question? What does the rubber mat do for you? Protect the bed or are there other benefits? I ask because maybe another product we have in the design phase could help. Thank you!
My rubber bed mat rode in my 08 Ridgeline for over 300,000 miles as I sold and installed medical equipment for veterinarians in 4 states. It was easy on x-ray machines, anesthesia machines etc. It protected the equipment and kept it from sliding around in a slick bed. It was also easy to clean unlike a rug.

I talked with Weathertech about manufacturing one for the Ridgeline and they turned me down because the Ridgeline already has it's bed protected. Meanwhile, I use my old gen 1 that is about 2" too short.

We'll see if Rivian gets one for the R1T that I have on order.

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My rubber bed mat rode in my 08 Ridgeline for over 300,000 miles as I sold and installed medical equipment for veterinarians in 4 states. It was easy on x-ray machines, anesthesia machines etc. It protected the equipment and kept it from sliding around in a slick bed. It was also easy to clean unlike a rug.

I talked with Weathertech about manufacturing one for the Ridgeline and they turned me down because the Ridgeline already has it's bed protected. Meanwhile, I use my old gen 1 that is about 2" too short.

We'll see if Rivian gets one for the R1T that I have on order.
Ah okay I see. Thank you for explaining it. Rivian looks like a pretty awesome truck, will yours be available soon? We may look at making products for that as well!

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
133 Posts
You could just get a 4'x6' utility mat or stall mat and trim the length down to size? The width should fit perfectly between the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Ah okay I see. Thank you for explaining it. Rivian looks like a pretty awesome truck, will yours be available soon? We may look at making products for that as well!
Unfortunately, my R1T is "down the road a ways." I'm holding out for the max range version of 400 plus miles so it will take them awhile to "find" enough batteries to build mine. If I wanted a shorter range version I could be driving it now.

I have to describe myself as a MacGyver before there was a MacGyver. I want a FULL size rubber bed mat, nothing pieced together. Weathertech won't build one for us and at this time, I'd even accept one made in China.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts