Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just took the plunge and purchased an RTS this past Friday evening and I'm Lovin' it!! :D
I just came over from the dark side (Toyota), but that's a different, and very ugly subject for me right now. :mad: If anyone is interested in my 2 cents on my driving experience in RL vs. 05 Tacoma doublecab 4x4 I could put something together after I experience the RL a while longer.
?????????????????
My question to all RL owners, how is the paint holding up on the leading edge of the hood (it appears to be nearly perpendicular to flying debris from in front), highway drivers in particular? :confused: I've been looking out of my front windshield for 11 years at a deflector at the end of my hood. I always install this to protect the hood from flying debris and stones from chipping the paint. I would love for once to not have to do this, but my main concern is to protect my investment.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. This site is an outstanding idea! I've been browsing it for the last few weeks while researching RL. What a great resource.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats & enjoy!

Get the "3M clearbra" or similar, some also have a version really thick, like the one used on headlights. I was told the thick ones will discolor a bit though.

I did the 3M thing from bumper to sunroof. yes all of it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mountain Ridge for your input. Sounds like a reasonable alternative to Deflector.

Anyone without any protection on front of hood have any input as to how the paint is holding up under highway conditions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have 2200 miles on mine since late March. One chip only (did not chip down to metal) from a stone and a lot of bug splatter. It seems to be holding up very well. BTW, when I was touching up the chip, I noticed that the silver paint seemed to be pretty thick layer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tex's Ridge. This is useful information. Comments from others greatly appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts