Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introudce myself (H20MAN) Chad Waterman. I am a Sales Associate with South Tacoma Honda, and a Ridgeline owner. I have been with South Tacoma Honda for over 11 years total, starting there as a detailer. I originally signed up as an "RL OWNER" and now want to be more involved. I am here as an owner and Sales Associate, and would love to assist anyone in my area with the purchase of a Ridgeline or any other Honda vehicle.

I will be doing a Honda Ride and Drive with the new 2006 Civic towards the end of the month and will report what I can after the drive.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you or anyone you know with the purchase of a Honda automobile. I do offer a $100 referral to anyone you send to me that purchases a vehicle from me. Please make sure they ask for me and me only when they come in, and make sure they mention the ROC, and your name (real name) so you get the referral. Thanks again for all the input and ideas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does your Ridge have a "whistle" noise between 35 & 65 MPH? How many has your dealership sold YTD and have any of those came back to the shop for a whistle noise?

I'm pushing 18,000 Miles on my RL, and the truck is PERFECT......................except that I got a whistle noise and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

Any information you can provide would greatly help.

Thanks

chicago

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
chicago said:
Does your Ridge have a "whistle" noise between 35 & 65 MPH? How many has your dealership sold YTD and have any of those came back to the shop for a whistle noise?

I'm pushing 18,000 Miles on my RL, and the truck is PERFECT......................except that I got a whistle noise and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

Thanks

chicago
Hi chicago, that whistle you hear has been a known problem for a few RL's. It is usually narrowed down to factory defect of bad seal around the top right of the windshield. Contact your dealer...American Honda is aware of the problem. The usual correctinve action is resealing the windshield or replacement. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome, H2OMan, and thanks for "coming out". I don't know if you're answering questions as a Honda employee, but I'll ask. You don't have to answer, and I won't hold it against you if you don't.

You have a Ridgeline with 20" aftermarket wheels. I've seen some mumbo jumbo here on how Honda feels about this. Is there any official company position on larger wheels on the Ridgeline? Will they disrupt any of the electronic systems? Will they void the warranty?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Regardig the whistle, it dopends on where yours is coming from. For mine, it is from the rear view mirror, not the windshield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our truck used to whistle when we first got it, I never could figure out what the tune was though... then I took it to the dealer one day and when we got it back, it didnt whistle anymore... maybe it was just nervous whistling :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chicago said:

Thanks

chicago
Chicago- I havent had any whistling noises, but I admit I usually drive w/ the radio on or my kids in the back seat so I have not noticed anything. We are a medium sized dealership and we are selling about 5-8 per month, which is about the average here in WA. I have not heard of any complaints from my customers or anyone elses, but will keep you posted. The only issue I have had is the windshield being cracked on the passanger side where the heat elements are located, but the windshield has already been replaced.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shovelhd said:
Welcome, H2OMan, and thanks for "coming out". I don't know if you're answering questions as a Honda employee, but I'll ask. You don't have to answer, and I won't hold it against you if you don't.

You have a Ridgeline with 20" aftermarket wheels. I've seen some mumbo jumbo here on how Honda feels about this. Is there any official company position on larger wheels on the Ridgeline? Will they disrupt any of the electronic systems? Will they void the warranty?
shovelhd- The wheels and tires I have are within a half an inch of the factory wheel and tire, so this should not affect the speedo or odometer, however this not the "official" word from Honda. I did have the tire place put the TPMS sensors in the new tires so that is still intact. Not sure about any warranty issues, but our dealership has sold many with aftermarket wheels as part of the deal.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
H20MAN said:
Not sure about any warranty issues, but our dealership has sold many with aftermarket wheels as part of the deal.
Do you warranty your aftermarket work? What happens if those trucks you sold with aftermarket wheels start showing up with blown wheel bearings, CV joints, or whatever? Will your dealership make good for the customer and eat the repair cost?

·
Registered
275 Posts
H2OMAN...if you have a son would he then be water-boy? (sorry) :cool:

Could you please confirm or deny:
1) 06 Honda vehicles will have a 5 year 60k warranty
2) If 1 = yes, it will cover the 06 ridges already sold
3) If 1 and 2 both = yes, will Ridgeline owners who purchased Honda Care extended warranties be reimbursed or have warranties pushed out 2 additional years and 24k miles.

Thanks in advance for the info!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shovelhd- That sounds like a service question and I will see what I can find out. I am not the most technical person, but if the wheel is the same size or thereabouts there should be no problems, but then again I only sell them, not fix them :). To my knowledge Honda will be extending the powertrain warranty on the 06's to 5yr-60k. I have no knowledge about the extended warranty being extended? And yes it will be retro on the Ridgelines since they came out as 2006's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
H20MAN,

I am on my second OEM winshield. The truck did whistle before the second one was put in. I was one of the first trucks in the country to have a new winshield put it, as the original was accidentally busted by the dealership when I took delivery. The dealership is AWESOME and the service gal is a babe.........so I won't name any names. The second didn't last but a month before it took a rock from a landscaping going 70MPH. So now I'm on # 3. I think I'm due for a flat or something.............

Sounds like the whistle is coming from cross wind, as a headwind provides no whistle. I've had several passengers hear it, and no one anywhere in the cab was able to pinpoint where it was coming from. Definitely coming from the roof area.

I would love to pinpoint it myself, before I bring it into the dealership so it will be a quick fix becuase the free rental cars are absolutely terrible.....

Good Luck

Chicago

·
Registered
121 Posts
jch said:
Could you please confirm or deny:
1) 06 Honda vehicles will have a 5 year 60k warranty
2) If 1 = yes, it will cover the 06 ridges already sold
3) If 1 and 2 both = yes, will Ridgeline owners who purchased Honda Care extended warranties be reimbursed or have warranties pushed out 2 additional years and 24k miles.

Thanks in advance for the info!!
Hey, give the guy a break.

I can say that I just had my Ridgeline in for a warranty repair and the service manager confirmed 1 and 2. I don't have any idea about 3 because I didn't purchase the extended warranty but I'm thinking about it because of the problems people are having. Keep in mind that the new 5 year 60k warranty is only for drive train and that the Honda Care warranty covers a lot more.

I would be interested to know if the price has dropped on the Honda Care warranty.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The additional 5 year/60K mile warranty is on the POWERTRAIN ONLY. The 3/36 is bumper to bumper. The Honda extended warranty is also bumper to bumper as well, isn't it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
H2OMAN,
Thanks for the scoop on the warranty extension. One more for you...I see you purchased the accessory grill. I've been trying to track one down at a reasonable price. What is your price for the grill shipped to PA?
Thanks again.

L

·
0 Posts
jch said:
H2OMAN,
Thanks for the scoop on the warranty extension. One more for you...I see you purchased the accessory grill. I've been trying to track one down at a reasonable price. What is your price for the grill shipped to PA?
Thanks again.
Did you try cloud-rider.com? :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shovelhd said:
The additional 5 year/60K mile warranty is on the POWERTRAIN ONLY. The 3/36 is bumper to bumper. The Honda extended warranty is also bumper to bumper as well, isn't it?
No it isn't, it is close but they take a lot of things that are covered in the 3/36 out. Things that commonly wear in the longer term.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone know where we can read the text of the Honda Extended Warranty just to see what it covers? I know - my friendly Honda dealer. I was just wondering if it's available online.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts