Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted this in the introductions forum, but thought I'd throw it here too:

Hi all,

Just picked up my '09 RTL. I've been a lurker for a long time while I was doing my research. Sold my Element and found the RL I wanted. Unfortunately, it was about 800 miles away. Longest test drive ever! I flew to Dallas last week, test drove it, bought it, and started the 770 mile drive back home to Kentucky. Did it all in a day. Glad to finally own one of these. Honda #9 for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Just posted this in the introductions forum, but thought I'd throw it here too:

Hi all,

Just picked up my '09 RTL. I've been a lurker for a long time while I was doing my research. Sold my Element and found the RL I wanted. Unfortunately, it was about 800 miles away. Longest test drive ever! I flew to Dallas last week, test drove it, bought it, and started the 770 mile drive back home to Kentucky. Did it all in a day. Glad to finally own one of these. Honda #9 for me.
Welcome to the ROC; 6 more Hondas and you will catch up with me!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm curious,did the dealership pick up the tab on your flight?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard! I'm curious,did the dealership pick up the tab on your flight?
They didn't. However, I didn't expect them to. The price was so good on the RL, that I wasn't worried about a $300 plane ticket. It was worth it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Congrads b18apwr :act035:

I did alsmost the same thing. I was 6 hrs away, so I just drove up with my brother the night before, stayed in a Hilton, got there first thing in the morning, bought it, drove it home!:act024::act024:

6 Honda's for me!

I can't even imagine how long it took you to drive home.......

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Dealership to driveway looked something like this:
Welcome to the club b18apwr. That speedometer and the way all that info is laid out looks different than my 2006. Surely that is not from a Ridgeline? BTW, although I was born and raised in NY and have now lived in Texas for 35 years, I graduated from EKU, class of '70. Are you close to Richmond?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the display on an '09 with Navigation. I am a WKU grad. Live in Bowling Green. Richmond is a few hours from me. Glad to be here.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcom to the ROC:act035:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome to ROC!! Just think my RL had less than 30 total miles on it when I drove it home.:act024:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Gotta be some kind of record…:act035:

Welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome from yet another Ky member (norther Ky) my 09 was the last on the lot with I decided to pick it up....:act024:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome from yet another Ky member (norther Ky) my 09 was the last on the lot with I decided to pick it up....:act024:
Northern Kentucky? I lived there too for a while after graduating from EKU. It was a little town south of Cincy called Erlanger, or something like that. This was back around 1970-71 and all those little Ky. towns near the river had a more southern flare than did the Ohio towns. I think I lived in an apt. just off of a street called Dixie Hgwy, at least that name rings a bell for some reason. It is all coming back to me now and I think the street I lived on may have been Lori Drive. I use to go to the race track down the road (Latonia?) every night that I happened to have a few extra bucks in my pocket.

I have not seen that area in many years so I'm sure Erlanger is just part of Cincinnati now. I remember several little towns like that in Ky. that were all starting to be annexed by Cincy. Although they remained part of the Commonwealth, these little N. Ky. towns were gradually becoming part of Cincinnati. I suppose the transformation is complete by now and the southern influence is now all but gone. In fact, I'm not sure what they call the Cincinnati airport now but Cincinnati put it in one of its suburbs in Ky. to keep the noise out of Ohio!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotta be some kind of record…
I'll take the designation as: "Member that traveled the furthest to buy a Ridgeline"!

There has to be someone else that has done this. By the way, I live in south central Kentucky, near Bowling Green. I'm about 100 miles north of Nashville.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
... I have not seen that area in many years so I'm sure Erlanger is just part of Cincinnati now...
You wouldn't recognize it. What was Latonia is now Turfway race track. Do you remember "Florence Y'all" that is now "Florence Mall?"

(Apologies for what has become a full-fledged thread hijack). :act039:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'll take the designation as: "Member that traveled the furthest to buy a Ridgeline"!

There has to be someone else that has done this. By the way, I live in south central Kentucky, near Bowling Green. I'm about 100 miles north of Nashville.
That's funny. About the time you were doing this, I was buying my RL in Bowling Green at the Honda dealership and I live just outside of Nashville.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Welcome to ROC from a FLA member. Oarnold, Skulli69, and 25year are great guys to know. Enjoy your Ridgeline, I am on #3.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts