Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title says it all! Amazon Green (or whatever it's called), and the only accessory so far are mudflaps (this dealer puts them on all RL's that come in). So, with the mudflaps, taxes, tags, destination, etc. came in right at $29,000.

Now the mod bug will bite me on this car. I know I'm going to order the ZMats, get a Tonneau (probably OEM), floor mats, and then the real fun starts. :) Not sure what after that.

I just realized this moring that I have owned a total of 6 cars in my life, this is number 3 that is a 'first model year' car. I must be a glutton for punishment. :)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Congrats Scott, Welcome to the club. Drive safe!:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
scottIN said:
Well, the title says it all! Amazon Green (or whatever it's called), and the only accessory so far are mudflaps (this dealer puts them on all RL's that come in). So, with the mudflaps, taxes, tags, destination, etc. came in right at $29,000.

Now the mod bug will bite me on this car. I know I'm going to order the ZMats, get a Tonneau (probably OEM), floor mats, and then the real fun starts. :) Not sure what after that.

I just realized this moring that I have owned a total of 6 cars in my life, this is number 3 that is a 'first model year' car. I must be a glutton for punishment. :)

Was that with Navi?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No-just base. Keep in mind that there's about 2 grand in taxes, destination, etc, in that number.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats Scott!

I have the Zmat and really like it. I ordered the Retrax cover, it arrived yesterday, but I haven't even opened the box yet. I plan to install it on Saturday.

The only other accessories I have so far are the carpet mat and the under seat storage.

Enjoy! You're gonna love this truck!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after about 150 miles, I'm still trying to put my Diet Coke into reverse / drive. :) Been driving for close to 20 years and this is the first car I've ever had with the gear selector on the column. It confoozes me...

·
Registered
626 Posts
scottIN said:
Well, after about 150 miles, I'm still trying to put my Diet Coke into reverse / drive. :) Been driving for close to 20 years and this is the first car I've ever had with the gear selector on the column. It confoozes me...
LOL :D Took me a second, then the mental picture cracked me up!

·
Registered
964 Posts
scottIN said:
First, congratulations on the new truck!

I had the problem with the difficulties remembering the gear shift is on the column... now when I get into hubby's Accord I try to shift using the wipers :shrug: :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
scottIN said:
Have you ever driven a Honda CRV? I can't get used to my wife's CRV, the shifter is sticking out the DASH!!! Everytime I HAVE to drive her car, I have to look for the darn shifter.:rolleyes:

BTW, Please add my sincerest welcome, I sense you will be fun to read!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Scott,

I can relate. I kept an empty 20oz. Coke bottle in the left cupholder for a while. Whenever the urge to shift came over me I'd use it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
scottIN said:
I have the opposite problem, I keep turning on my wife's wipers trying to put the car into park or into drive. I have once tried to reach into the console to pull on a parking break though.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Old habits die hard. We have driven standard trannies for decades. I love shifting. We both have automatics now. I've gotten used to mine but hubby still tries to shift in the Ridge.

Congrats and just try to wipe that smile off your face.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Truckin' said:
Old habits die hard. We have driven standard trannies for decades. I love shifting. We both have automatics now. I've gotten used to mine but hubby still tries to shift in the Ridge.

Congrats and just try to wipe that smile off your face.
Does your hubby also do like I do and try to press the dead pedal when coming to a full stop or trying to shift? One of these days I am afraid I am going to drive that dead pedal through the floor in an emergency stop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going tomorrow to buy 2006 RTL with Moonroof and Nav for $30,000. The lease through Honda for 42 months, 12000 miles per year is $310 a month -- plus taxes, dmv fees? Is this a good deal???

·
Registered
25 Posts
The lease depends on how you use your car.

If you lease for 10 years you will pay 37200 if the rate of leasing remains constant.
To purchase with a 48mo finance at 6% and retain vehicle 10 years is: 33818

The difference 3381.
Deduct extended insurance on purchase ($1000): 2381
deduct cost of operation (repairs) over 10 years: 1500.00

Total difference is 881.00

BUT.....

You will have residual after 10 years: (my ranger is about 10% after 11 so with the Ridge lets say 20%): 6000.00

Your total difference between leasing and owning over 10 years is 6881.00

BUT....it also depends on how many miles you drive each year and how often you buy a new car.

I plan on keeping it for 10 years so buying is much better.

But with a lease you don't have repairs out the wazoo which can eat away your residual....as does the condition of the vehicle.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts