Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

Squaring up on a 2013 RTL w/ Nav hopefully tomorrow, Offered dealer invoice, $34,899 plus TTL and a decent trade on my current vehicle. was wondering if any of you use the Honda tonneau cover and does this actually lock the tailgate?

I don't mind spending the extra money for this, just want to be sure that the cover actually locks the tailgate!?!

Thanks for your timely assistance,

John

·
Registered
578 Posts
None of the tonneau covers lock the tailgate (to my knowledge). The covers themselves lock, but not the tailgate.

You'll need to install an aftermarket lock or the DIY power lock that many have done (including myself). Well worth the half+ day to do it and total cost is under $20 to purchase the power actuator, wire, hardware, etc.

Link to the DIY lock:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9981

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good day all,

Squaring up on a 2013 RTL w/ Nav hopefully tomorrow, Offered dealer invoice, $34,899 plus TTL and a decent trade on my current vehicle. was wondering if any of you use the Honda tonneau cover and does this actually lock the tailgate?

I don't mind spending the extra money for this, just want to be sure that the cover actually locks the tailgate!?!

Thanks for your timely assistance,

John
Welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome to ROC! I don't own a Honda tonneau cover, and in fact have never set eyes on one. But when I went to discuss it at the dealership, thinking to make it a negotiating chip, they were pretty straightforward about the Honda cover comparing poorly to the aftermarket ones - expensive, hard to install, and doesn't work very well is what they said.

I went aftermarket and I am very happy.

Flymo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts