Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I took the plunge off the RIDGE!

I was a lurker for the last 9 months. Thanks to this site, I learned about the goods and bads of this truck. But, most of all I learned how to become a better car/truck buyer.

I started off with prices from Edmunds and Direct.com, then sent out emails to dealers within a hundred miles from me. I then e-mailed or phoned them back on who has the best offer. I bought from an out-of-town dealer about 90 miles away. Local dealer won't budge with his price, although there was only a couple of hundred $ difference. He gave me the, "I'm not making much of this deal" line. When he said, "If you can afford 26K on a car, you can afford the price difference." I said OK, and called the other dealer.

The drive from the dealership was awesome. Half of the drive was a two- way highway. It gave me a change to test out the truck's acceleration and passing capabilities which I felt was very adequate. The other half was an interstate with a 4,000 foot climb/elevation. I've driven this ridge many times in different cars before. I usually downshifted or stepped on the gas hard. With the Ridge, I didn't even notice the elevation change. I've heard about the seats being a little hard, but I found the seats comfortable with the 1 1/2 hour drive.

I have no complaints so far.

Bye the way, NO WIND NOISE! VIN #....544280 9/05 build

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Congrats JC, You did good! and welcome to the best Ridgeline forum on the net. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats!! Just curious, have you tried the auto locking feature yet? If so, just wondering if your 9/05 opens all the doors when you put it in park....

L

·
0 Posts
Hey welcome to the ROC family....great name AND color choice BTW. ;)
You're battin' a thousand with me and all my other Silver Ridgeline buddies here!! :D
We're glad you're here. Can't wait for pictures and many many more posts.
Keep coming back!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome JC,

You picked a great vehicle to own. Now if it was in blue, it would have been
an outstanding vehicle. (Ducking as I type)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Welcome to the ROC. Good choice of color, too. The word is that one of the moderators on the forum is quite partial to silver. :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the boards. You will enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it for $25950 destination included (Tax, title, license not included). No options.

My credit union has a 1% off current rate on financing which ends this month, so I went ahead and bought one. Didn't want to take a chance on not getting the right color/style or miss-out on the financing deal if I waited at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the active owners club :cool:

Don't let any of us fool you, we admire your ability to see what all of our trucks looked like before they got painted ;).

Great deal and I am sure you will have many more drives like the one you just took where you will truly enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I lurked for awhile before I bought too. Congrats and a wise choice grasshopper.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Trying this again, do all your doors unlock when you put the truck in park, or just the drivers door?

·
Registered
626 Posts
brian1972ct said:
Trying this again, do all your doors unlock when you put the truck in park, or just the drivers door?
It also might depend on what the factory/dealer setting for this is -- don't forget that the dealer might've changed it. So, I guess the question really is, can you make it unlock all the doors? (Refer to the owner's manual for instructions, but don't believe what it says -- you have to actually try it to see what the behavior is; it will either unlock only the driver's door, or it will unlock all the doors... plus, you have to have it set to automatically lock the doors in order for this to work, I think... not sure if the auto-unlock works if you've manually locked them... ramble on!)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Flymuck, I think we narrowed the feature working on builds on or after 9/05. Mine was built in 8/05 and I tried it to no avail, just wondered if JC's 9/05 worked as it should.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine was built 09/05, and all my doors unlock when I put it in PARK. However, I had to PROGRAM it this way, before it was just the driver's door unlocked. Anyhow, all the doors unlock when in park.

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
219 Posts
I followed the manual and quick manual directions to a T but still just the drivers side door unlocks.....I think we do know for sure now though that all models built on/after 9/05 work that way...sure with my 8/05 did!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally had the chance to mess around with the door locks.

I was able to set all the doors to lock when I move out of park.
I was also able to set all the doors to unlock when I move it back to park.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts