Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everyone :)

So I know some of you might not know how to use some of the functions on the forum but no worries, I'm here to help.

I've made some guidelines on how to use the forums here. If you have anything you want to learn, please let me know. I'll post it for everyone so we're all on the same page.

Lets start off with the easy stuff.

other tools.jpg
1. This is the new thread icon, on most forums (vbulletin forums) it's always to the left above the forum section header.
2. when you click on your notifications, a drop down will appear showing all your notifications including PM, thanks, quotes, etc
3. when you just want to skip to the lastest post in a thread, just go here. It will also mark the forum as read since you are going to the last page.
4. when you click here, this section will give you the option to "mark all forums read" and to subscribe to the forum so you'll receive notifications to all new content when it happens.

how to post.jpg
1. this is the image attachment tool, if you want to upload images from your computer, you can click on this.
2. this is the image url linking tool. if you don't know how to use bb codes, this is already pre-set for you. Just copy the image url address that you want to share and then click on this icon and paste the url in here. click 'ok' and it will create a bb code for your image.
3. like the image attachment tool, this is actually a lot easier. Just find the image that you want on your computer and drag it to the drop zone. :) also make sure that the file you're dragging is valid.

quick reply and edit.jpg
Once you have posted your comments, you have a certain amount of time to go back in and edit your posts. The "edit" icon will be there if your time is not up. Otherwise, you'll need a Mod to make changes for you.

The Quick reply icon allows you to make a quick response to any post, click on that and it'll open up the quick reply section at the bottom of the page.

quote and multi quote.jpg
If you want to quote multiple users, click on "multi-quote" on all the users you want to respond to EXCEPT for the last user. When you get to the last user, click on "QUOTE" and all the quoted posts will be set in your response text box.

Search Switch1.jpg
Similar to the old search function, we now have a simplified search bar. You can choose to switch between in-forum search or using the Google Custom Search. either search will provide you similar results, Google Custom Search may also provide links to suggestions outside the forum in case you're looking for more information throughout the web.

different layouts.jpg
This is located at the bottom of the forum, if you like the classic layout, you can toggle back and forth between them. They will stay in the classic layout for as long as you want if you have set your browser to save cookies.

Let me know if you have any questions on what you want to do and don't know how. If you're shy, just send me a PM and I'll post the tutorials, I won't tell anyone! :)

Cheers!

Lee

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think you need an enlargement button for old eyes, some of your illustrations are too tiny for me.

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if the envelope is pale, it means you've read it. if it's dark, it's either new or there's a new comment that you have not read yet. If there is an arrow under it, it means you have posted in there.

Lee

·
Registered
86 Posts
The old site used to have a "New Posts" option I think where you could see new posts for that day - did we lose that functionality?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
The old site used to have a "New Posts" option I think where you could see new posts for that day - did we lose that functionality?
0:)

Looks like the "New Posts" option is still there.

It's on the black horizontal bar across the top, right under the truck pics. BUT, you won't see it if you are not logged in (has always been like that).

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Lee,

I like to post pictures in the body of a post and add text. With the current method, I cannot use Imgur and post BBcodes... at least, not like the old software would allow. Now, all the images are tacked onto the bottom of the post which rather defeats the purpose of some of the things I like to do.

How can I imbed images in the body of the post and include text before or after (like I could with the old software)?

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Embedding should still work, also if you use the drag and drop attachment in full editor mode (go advanced) and click the paper clip you'll get the ability to insert your attachments into the text.

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Let me try to imbed again using Imgur's BBCode (what worked on the old software).

Nope, nothing shows up in preview... using the code shown in the attached image. Should I be using something other than the BBcode link in Imgur?

The 2nd attached image are my choices for image links.

Edit: now I see the problem. The image doesn't show in preview, it only shows after it's been posted. So the preview function does not work like it did with the old software. Is that something you can fix?

Attachments

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
< my puppyyyyy

PHP:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q4pTTRl.jpg[/IMG]
^ I just took the direct link from imgur, not their bb code. I'm not sure if it makes a difference unless it's a .png issue. Can you try posting a jpg file and a png one as well?

Lee

1 - 20 of 37 Posts