1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I hope that 'port hole' is just the cover and not the rear side window.:act018:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Looks like spy pic of the one testing with the 2006 Redroc color Ridgeline.
We will see when they unwrap it size is good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm actually quite pleased with the shape of this. This is gonna look good.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nice spy pics we have been waiting for. Tells fair amount on its stature and size and shape. I would say its not ugly in any way thus far. Definitely appears to be a dual tailgate there imo. It sure looks like it the way someone has cut the material to fit. It may very well be a disguise but with the Honda teaser pic now this one, I would say its probably legit.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
looks OK. Just needs bigger tires. Something doesn't look right, but when I visualize with bigger tires, I just think it would look so much better. That's the first thing to swap change if it comes with the size on there. Just my point of view.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Do I see amber rear turn signal lights? Hope so.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe I lack imagination but I see nothing but ugly. That's probably the idea with the cloaking device though, so good job on that, Honda.

·
Registered
790 Posts
something I forgot to mention is that the bumper seems to be a roll pan type of bumper. Here is a pic for you who do not know what a roll pan looks like. Kinda of cool if I say.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
...and it's got a real antenna, which means better AM / FM reception. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Showing my age here. For some reason I'm reminded of a TV car ad from the late 50s or early 60s where some girls sang:

Longer!-----Lower!-----Wider!

Don't recall which car was being advertised.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Towing a tandem axle, should make some happy looks pretty loaded down too...

Thin front pillars, good, with thin triangle window.

There was some talk on here about the RL getting lowered, does not look lower here even with the tongue weighted good.

The hiding material on the hood still reveals that it will look like the new Pilot underneath, for better or worse.

Mirrors might look a little too delicate and car-like for a truck.

Gotta agree wheel wells look too big... but bigger wheels not going to improve that space... need bigger tires all around or tighten up the wells.

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
It looks like, with the correct hatchback - type topper on that truck, it could be VERY fuel-efficient, much more so than the Pilot. However, no one will make such a topper because it would be too radical to sell, and Honda won't make it because they won't get CAFE credits for it unless it comes standard attached, and only removed by owner...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Looks very promising, has my attention...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I Think it looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see the truck without the camo. I will definitely check the Gen2 when it comes out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Motortrend also has an article up on on it:

http://wot.motortrend.com/1506_2016_honda_ridgeline_spied_testing_with_a_trailer.html

Looks pretty good! Fog lights are low, turn signals appear to be separate and mounted mid-bumper. Similar areas to what the 2016 Pilot has. I just hope they differentiate the face of the Ridgeline enough :act024:

The photos sure do seem to show a split tailgate potentially. It would be a strange coincidence that they would camo it up to look like one.

Good to see this :
Testing alongside this Ridgeline mule are 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and 2015 Ford F-150 pickups, perhaps as benchmarks.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Motortrend also has an article up on on it:

http://wot.motortrend.com/1506_2016_honda_ridgeline_spied_testing_with_a_trailer.html

Looks pretty good! Fog lights are low, turn signals appear to be separate and mounted mid-bumper. Similar areas to what the 2016 Pilot has. I just hope they differentiate the face of the Ridgeline enough :act024:

The photos sure do seem to show a split tailgate potentially. It would be a strange coincidence that they would camo it up to look like one.

Good to see this :
Testing alongside this Ridgeline mule are 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and 2015 Ford F-150 pickups, perhaps as benchmarks.
Just my opinion but I do strongly think you will see a split tailgate. Thats Honda's way of being different. Space wise not sure how that benefit throwing in a load or not.

To me I will stick with what I said before looks like Honda has taken the low profile sporty appeal with some tow ability at around 5k slightly more as their vision in this truck going forward. They don't want to get into a corn flake fight with the others. Probably wise.

Evidence is in the shape height its lines the back bed rails that slightly slope back towards the gate, the low air dam front grill and now the fuba antenna that VW had made a big deal back with the early Golf GTI's! I like the look but so many companies today build them in so they are seamless or have an ugly little nub at that back. Those Fuba's back in the day were about $400.00!

Interior with a console maybe a moon-roof etc. Given what we see now larger higher profile tires push button start, 9 spped tranny, paddle shifters and a larger engine would have been really nice options for this truck. I can see now where they were going with those ideas. At this point they got some cold feet with the 9 speed so that looks like it changed all that. Larger tires? we will see.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
It looks like, with the correct hatchback-type topper on that truck, it could be VERY fuel-efficient, much more so than the Pilot...
Much more fuel efficient than the new Pilot? That's a real stretch for me. I guess if the new RL weighs significantly less than the Pilot, it could pick up another mpg or so. Still, it's probably a little higher off the ground and the front does not look quite as streamlined...just hard for me to believe the right topper would allow it to beat the Pilot's mpgs.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts