·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have any time to get it done so I took it to a local shop and had them install everything yesterday. They did a great job.
I took the seat out for them so they could do the sub behind the seat, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I put the seat back in.
So I only have a pic of the radio installed:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1437150974.187784.jpg

It sounds soooooo much better than the stock system. Much clearer and just better all around. I love being able to stream my music via Bluetooth and not worrying about the aux cable anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I didn't have any time to get it done so I took it to a local shop and had them install everything yesterday. They did a great job.
I took the seat out for them so they could do the sub behind the seat, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I put the seat back in.
View attachment 198042

It sounds soooooo much better than the stock system. Much clearer and just better all around. I love being able to stream my music via Bluetooth and not worrying about the aux cable anymore.

Nice job. Looks sweet and I bet the sound is LEAPS beyond the stale factory system. ENJOY!

·
Registered
655 Posts
View attachment 198042

LOOKS GREAT! Thank you for sharing. I sure would like to update the sound system in my Ridge. How much did your shop charge you for the installation? Did you watch them do the install? How long did it take them?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOOKS GREAT! Thank you for sharing. I sure would like to update the sound system in my Ridge. How much did your shop charge you for the installation? Did you watch them do the install? How long did it take them?

Thanks!

They charged:
$75 - Radio install (radio, Bluetooth mic ran to behind rearview mirror, program steering wheel button controller)
$75 - Front Speakers/Tweeters (ran new wiring for both sides)
$35 - Rear Speakers
$125 - Subwoofer Install

It was $310 all together. Which I didn't think was too bad. Getting that nice of an install and not having to do anything and having it all done in one day was perfect for me. I dropped it off at 9am and they called me at 4pm and said it was done.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks!

They charged:
$75 - Radio install (radio, Bluetooth mic ran to behind rearview mirror, program steering wheel button controller)
$75 - Front Speakers/Tweeters (ran new wiring for both sides)
$35 - Rear Speakers
$125 - Subwoofer Install

It was $310 all together. Which I didn't think was too bad. Getting that nice of an install and not having to do anything and having it all done in one day was perfect for me. I dropped it off at 9am and they called me at 4pm and said it was done.

Thank you for sharing. I think you got a Great Deal. No question, when you work with someone who is a professional, you notice the time and quality of the end result.

Did you consider any of the Pioneer Head Units? Why did you choose Sony?

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Very reasonable install pricing for sure. The RL is a very simple machine to work on as far as the audio system goes, so I would imagine the shop had no trouble at all. I'm curious as to the output level and range of that sub unit you put in. I'm sure it's likely better than the stock sub, but the driver is an odd shape and the enclosure volume is very small. Does it actually fill the cabin with bass? Can it get fairly low and loud without distorting?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very reasonable install pricing for sure. The RL is a very simple machine to work on as far as the audio system goes, so I would imagine the shop had no trouble at all. I'm curious as to the output level and range of that sub unit you put in. I'm sure it's likely better than the stock sub, but the driver is an odd shape and the enclosure volume is very small. Does it actually fill the cabin with bass? Can it get fairly low and loud without distorting?

I haven't messed with the setting that much with it yet. But the bass blows away the factory sub and sounds pretty good. The guy at the shop said he couldn't believe the sound coming from it. He thought it wouldn't be that good at all but he said it's really good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for sharing. I think you got a Great Deal. No question, when you work with someone who is a professional, you notice the time and quality of the end result.

Did you consider any of the Pioneer Head Units? Why did you choose Sony?

I liked the look of the Sony and the price wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
I haven't messed with the setting that much with it yet. But the bass blows away the factory sub and sounds pretty good. The guy at the shop said he couldn't believe the sound coming from it. He thought it wouldn't be that good at all but he said it's really good.

Wonderful! I'd share this knowledge as its own thread for owners who are looking for an alternative to the factory sub. The 6" powered Bazooka is a good option as well, but the more options, the better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts