Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 RTL with 156k miles on it. My family has been pro-honda since the 80's, and was confident that purchasing this truck, even with the high miles, was a sound investment. I have trolled this site for the week previous to the purchase to see what common problems occur with these trucks.

The truck came with FULL service records from a very detail oriented previous owner, including fluid changes, tsbs, recalls, and fixes. The timing belt, rear main seal, crank seal, and oil cooler gasket were all replaced right before purchase.

I have the usual fixes needing to be done...the rear seat posts don't go down when the seats go up, and the smaller seat doesn't like to go up at all. I'm sure the info from this site will help me.

I plan on being a RL owner for years, so I'm sure I will be on this site alot!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Congrats on your RL and welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a picture and an update. I have fixed the rear seat support leg problem (using info from this site:act024:) and changed the serpentine belt with an OEM one. It cost a **** ton more than advanced auto or autozone, but i dont want to have to worry about switching the belt out every year or so. I also have a yakima roof rack with kayak bars and deflector on top of the existing roof rack which gives it some more height, but adds to the noise.

Speaking of noise, my father owns a 2009 civic and my mother has a 2005 cr-v. This truck is leaps and bounds quieter than both of their cars. I don't know why some people say this truck has such bad windnoise problems. I drive a gmc 2500hd for work and can barely talk to the person next to me.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts