Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline RT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Ridgeline RT with just 31k miles. I checked the records and had a mechanic look it over, and the mileage looks legit.

Some projects I have planned:
  • I plan on adding a decent stereo
  • Install an OE-style rearview camera in the tailgate handle
  • I noticed that the the right rear seat must have a broken pulley (the support leg doesn't tuck in), so I'll replace both pulleys just in case when I'm wiring up the camera
  • Polish and wax the roof. Hopefully it's not too far gone
It has a 2" leveling lift already installed with slightly larger tires. I'll probably keep it that way.

The only thing I've done is give her a good wash and vacuum. It definitely needs a shampoo!

I'd love to hear any other suggestions!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Congrats on the find. Amazing! You should be in good shape, but if you are new to Ridgelines, it would be good to read up (use the Search function) on SMOD, or the fitting between the radiator and transmission cooler line that deteriorates.

There has to be a story on the history of this truck; a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays?

·
Administrator
19,035 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Ridgeline RT with just 31k miles.
That's probably the second-best Ridgeline "barn find" I've ever seen.

The record was this 2011 with 122 miles listed for sale in 2020.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline RT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the find. Amazing! You should be in good shape, but if you are new to Ridgelines, it would be good to read up (use the Search function) on SMOD, or the fitting between the radiator and transmission cooler line that deteriorates.

There has to be a story on the history of this truck; a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays?
Thanks oarnold, I'll definitely look up the radiator line issue.

The first owner was an older Japanese man who just drove it to pick up plants for his garden. I believe he only put 7,000 miles on it. The second owner put the rest on in the last two years.

It has a few bumps, but overall I'm happy. I've wanted one since it came out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats great! Nice find. I just bought my 2007 RTL Aberdeen Green with olive interior and every single dealer accessory with 44K miles. Some of those accessories even came brand new in the box.. including the dash aluminum kit, bumper front and rear chrome kit, new roof rack , running boards, sunroof deflector, tailgate extender, under rear seat cargo box, weathertech front and rear mats

My suggestion is to change out the timing belt, tensioners and regular belt and coolant, water pump
and radiator, Drain the transmission fluid and use Valvoline in the red bottle.. takes 3,3 quarts

·
Administrator
19,035 Posts
Drain the transmission fluid and use Valvoline in the red bottle.. takes 3,3 quarts
My suggestion is to use only Honda DW-1 transmission fluid as Honda instructs. The "Valvoline in the red bottle" is an attempt at a "one-size-fits-all" transmission fluid that isn't "best-for-any-one". The 6-speed and earlier Honda automatic transmissions aren't like other automatic transmissions. Also, Honda specifically states not to mix fluids.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,343 Posts
That sounds like a great find, @carboncanyon. Certainly a low mileage cream puff.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Amazing find, enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts