·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
PICS!!! Or it didn't happen. :)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Awesome, best configuration... camera in the mirror and avoid the ancient nav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
New to this forum and about to pull the trigger on a 2010 RTL 46K miles without Nav, Bali Blue. I do want nav, but third party will give me up-to-date technology with bluetooth and Siri. Any suggestions on a new nav/sound system? Any suggestions on upgrade speakers, something that won't change the original look, but great for an audiophile? Anyone install the oem rear in handle camera, but use wireless transmitter/receiver?

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
Hey,
New to this forum and about to pull the trigger on a 2010 RTL 46K miles without Nav, Bali Blue. I do want nav, but third party will give me up-to-date technology with bluetooth and Siri. Any suggestions on a new nav/sound system? Any suggestions on upgrade speakers, something that won't change the original look, but great for an audiophile? Anyone install the oem rear in handle camera, but use wireless transmitter/receiver?
I'd highly suggest posting this in the Mobile Electronics section. You'll definitely get more views there and all of your questions have been answered in the past. Do a search and you'll have hours upon hours of reading to do. The navi in the 1st gen RL was designed in 2003. It's ANCIENT compared to modern systems and not worth the upcharge for it. A nice navi head unit with all the goodies will run you $500-800. Speakers are complete personal choice, but you'll need to amplify them and replace the stock subwoofer with something much more powerful. On top of that, if you're looking for "audiophile" quality sound, you're going to need to do some intense sound deadening on nearly every surface. The OEM cam in the handle has been done, but the parts are expensive. You can get a very good license plate camera on Amazon for less than $30 that will do the job very well. The wiring is a bit of a pain, but it's worth it to have a backup image on a 7" screen. The wired camera is always going to be a more reliable option, but wireless is an option as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts