Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and enjoyed the posts very much! I am a Disabled Vietnam Vet, avid Ham Radio operator (Nut my wife says) and own a farm in N. Alabama, also play Guitar (for 57 yrs) to relax. Also own 2 Antique Mustangs, 1969 351 Cleveland Mach 1, and a 1970 428 Cobra Jet all original Matching Number Car, 1140 Built~~
I just bought a 2014 Black RTS with 13,400 miles on it, also I had Leather put in at the Dealer ship, and they did a wonderful job, can't tell it didn't come from the factory! It is also Certified from a local Honda Dealer in North Alabama. I have wanted one for several years but it got Voted down for a Nissian Murano back in 2011. I like the way the Ridgeline rides and drives better than the Nissian and so does my wife (tried to tell her) I'm getting around 20 MPG according to the computer.
I have 1 question for the time being then probably lots more later!! Last night while showing it to my Daughters Friend I was telling him about the AWS Lock and pushed the button and the light didn't come on (we were sitting still) do you have to be moving for this to show Lock or is there a problem that the Dealership didn't catch in their Certification? Also he was amazed by the Tail Gate and Trunk.
I will try to Post a couple of pictures when I figure out how!!
Thanks for Having Me
Woody

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Woody, welcome to the ROC.

You need to understand how the AWD system works. It is much like a part-time 4wd system and should only be used in slippery conditions so no drive-line bind occurs.

Bottom line, manual VTM-4 lock only happens when you select 1,2 or R with the shifter. Then press the manual lock button.

Check the pdf's linked here and ask if you have any questions.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/347973-post71.html

You should only use manual lock if you get stuck. I've personally only had to use it when stuck in a snow berm cause by snow plows. In normal usage, just put it in D and go. ;)

Oh yeah, post up some pics of your Mustangs too! You can start a new thread in the Other cars forum.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/46-other-cars-trucks-bikes/

One way to attach pics is to use the Additional Options feature near the bottom of the page. Choose manage attachments and attach the pic(s) of your choice.

Reactions: Prindlef

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speedlover, thanks for the reply, yep a short between the ear phones here! I looked deeper in the owners manual after I posted this and saw what I'd was doing!! I wasn't going to drive it in lock just showing it off and messed up! At any rate he was impressed with the looks of the Ridgeline!
I've owned Jeeps for 45 yrs and just got rid of my last J10 truck a while back, I used them on the farm and Quail Hunting just getting deeper into places I should not have been any way! I like what I've seen so far in this Truck.
My wife tried to get me to buy a New Ridgeline but I don't like the Body style of them and love the way the originals looks! I've got two Ham Radio friends that have owned them for many years, one has 178,000 miles on his 07 and never turned a Wrench other than the Timing Belt and normal maintenance. That speaks Volumes for me!!
Woody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts