Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
You can find our basic rules up top, linked from our FAQ link at the top of this page. That being said, there are a few basics that should be briefly mentioned here...

1) Before posting, please use our Keyword Search (also linked up top) in order to see the many posts that may already exist that may help to answer your question. This helps keep things organized so you don't start another thread/topic re: a topic that we've already discussed a gazillion times.

2) Be respectful. We allow differing opinions and even debate, but only if it maintains a respectful and civil tone. Generally, when things cross the line a moderator will step in and take some action. Before you post something that might cross the line...ask yourself: will this cause controversy...if someone is reading this thread at work, could they get in trouble?

3) If you want to quote a post, only do so when it really applies. For example, if you are the first reply to a post...not sure that it's necessary to quote the entire post that is right above your reply. Another good example is quoting a previous post that has pics. Perhaps just quote the text of the post that you are replying to.

4) Signatures are intended to be BASIC. They are not to be used to have a large image of your truck. Keep signatures simple and basic, please. It makes reading threads on this forum MUCH easier for all of us.

Here are some answers to questions we often hear...

1) How do I post a new topic or start a new thread?
Simply click on the category that best fits your statement or question, then click the "New Thread" button. This will bring up a page with the form fields you need to post a new topic.

*PLEASE put a descriptive subject along w/ your post. "Help me please" is not descriptive. "Help me install XYZ accessory" is descriptive.

2) How do I post images with my post?
Click on the "Manage Attachments" post below the large text area where you type your message. This allows you to upload up to three images, etc. at a time.

3) How are the member ranks decided?
It's all based on the number of posts. Believe me, after you've been here long enough you will see which members are contributing lots of information vs. lots of posts. In other words, member rank does not always equal quality of contributions via posts. Regardless, (most) every member's contributions are valued and make the ROC what it is today.

*Posts in the Off-Topic category do not count toward your overall total.

4) What's the ROC?
Short for Ridgeline Owners Club.

5) What's OEM?
Original Equipment Manufacturer

6) How do I advertise my site?
First, contact the site owners send a PM to Administrator about advertising.

It is against the rules to promote your business - even the one you work for - by posting your link or logo in your signature, etc. I do allow this in your profile but you're better off to simply advertise with us and get the word out the right way.

Note: eBay links or promos also apply.

Please don't take advantage of the ROC for your own benefit.

7) What makes ROC so special?
First, the members (over 10,000 of them - we are the largest Ridgeline club/resource online). But secondly, because we aren't new to building the very best online communities. I also operate Element Owners Club, the largest online community of Honda Element owners and enthusiasts with over 22,000 members; CR-V Owners Club, FCX Club, Honda Dealer Directory, and more are on the way.

8) I registered but I can't post a new message. What's up?
When you register, you must log in to be able to post a new topic or reply to an existing one. And, our forum software requires your browser to allow "session cookies" in order for you to log in. Our session cookie is a simple text file that gets copied to your computer that helps our software view your log in status. Without these enabled, you'll never be able to fully log in.

Click here to read more about cookies on Microsoft.com

Registered but can't post??
When you register, the forum sends a verification email that contains a link. You must click that link in order to activate your account. Many times, email programs will detect this email as spam and place it in your Junk Mail folder. If you don't get the email, please be sure to check your Junk Mail folder. If you still don't get it, please contact me and I can activate your account manually.

Thanks for joining the ROC! Have fun and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: ROC Forum Rules - New? Please read

hello
i have been crusing the classifieds and can't seem to figure out how i should know if an item has been sold. i noticed some have been posted in dec. am i missing something.
greg

·
Registered
131 Posts

When you say we can "Advertise" with you. What dose that mean??
I have been admited to a "new" medical school that I'd love to spred the word on BUT only if that sort of thing is allowed.
Just maybe someone out there is looking to go to school to become a doctor, but is hurting for cash.
Is this OK with y'all or not??

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It is always helpful in the Classifieds/Trading Post if the seller who started the thread actually ends it by saying "item(s) sold".

As for advertising, we are talking about advertising products or services on here. You can easily say how great your school was in one post, rather than having some pitch for it in your signature. That's the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.