Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. So, i upgraded from a 2017 to a 2019 just recently. my concern is that the detailing wasn't up to par with my expectations. In comparing when I picked up my 2017, it was immaculate, spotless. However the 2019 i noticed that there are rust spots on the front rotors and also rust spots in the inside of the rims. Are these a concern? Not sure how long this truck was sitting outside in their storage lot. Small leaves stuck in the crevices, dirt build up in the front windows rubber moldings.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not sure how long it sat. The rust on the rotors can happen over night. The rest of it should addressed to your salesperson or the new car mgr. Now before it gets any dirtier.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rotors are typically made from iron. Iron will rust when even a minuscule amount of moisture is present. The rust can bleed or run onto adjoining surfaces when it rains or the vehicle is washed without moving. The truck probably sat in the dealer overstock area for a while. I not be concerned. How many miles did it have at delivery?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I still found a pair of turquoise 70's style Elton John sunglasses in the sunglass cubby, as well as a Snickers wrapper underneath the rear seats, after my truck was washed and prepped for my pickup. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine was on the lot for almost 8 months, went thru fall and pollen season. There were pine needles and pollen in every crevasse, rotors were rusty. But it was the right color combo. It was so dirty I thought for sure they would have to jump it. It only had 29 miles put on it in that time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rotors are typically made from iron. Iron will rust when even a minuscule amount of moisture is present. The rust can bleed or run onto adjoining surfaces when it rains or the vehicle is washed without moving. The truck probably sat in the dealer overstock area for a while. I not be concerned. How many miles did it have at delivery?
less than 100

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just picked up my 2019 a week ago with 7 miles on it and it was exactly the same. Dealers just get them, quickly wash them (most likely with an automatic car wash) and off they go. I’m a little upset by all the dirt in the trunk run channel (though I understand why it is there). Dirt in the trunk run channel is one of the two primary reason I am going to put a tonneau on mine.

FYI, Honda dealer stock is around 72 days for Ridgeline last time I checked. Mine just arrived at the dealer the day before I picked it up but it was manufactured in June. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I had a positive experience when picking up my Ridgeline. If it was different, I would have no qualms asking the dealer to make it right or even asking for a different truck at delivery time.

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
What should be concerned about is the PDI sheet. If all the TSBs and any open recalls for your VIN were addressed. It always pays to be an educated buyer. Also ensure to run your VIN in the owners.honda.com and check to see if there are any pending items.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was not detailed. There was trash in the trunk, trash in the console, and a razor blade on the floor in front. The exterior looked like they gave it a quick run at the drive-through carwash. The paint and plastic headlights were scratched from repeated encounters with the brushes at the carwash, bad enough that I came close to refusing delivery. I decided to just bring it home to detail the interior and rub out the paint myself rather than sending it back for them screw it up worse. Helluva lot of work to be done on a new vehicle. Things have sure changed since I bought my first shiny new truck! The entire buying experience was not a great introduction to Honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had the same problem. Salesperson wanted me to go out in the snow and inspected while he told me how things worked. Needless to say I told him to bring it in and we would look at it. Same thing thing not clean. They did a half a.. rag wipe down but my frustration level was maxed.. Told them of my dissatisfaction and wrote a hot letter to management with no reply.

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Had the same problem. Salesperson wanted me to go out in the snow and inspected while he told me how things worked. Needless to say I told him to bring it in and we would look at it. Same thing thing not clean. They did a half a.. rag wipe down but my frustration level was maxed.. Told them of my dissatisfaction and wrote a hot letter to management with no reply.
They will not detail the car for you, it is a 'courtesy' car wash that is probably water and soap. You will be lucky if they actually dried it at the carwash and not let it just 'air dry' on its way back to the dealership for your delivery. My Ridgeline came in covered in pollen and it was only April. The sales person who drove it down to me was actually embarrassed as my '08 Accord was 'too' shiny. When I picked up my Odyssey last August, it was still dripping water when I was inspecting it outside; it was a nice day and I would much rather do it in day light, than in their service reception area. They sold you a car and wrapped it under their belt and your insurance has been covering it from the time you signed all the paperwork and they gave you the keys, no need a response (at least their attitude) and trust me, no one there is sweating over your dirty car. Truth of a dealership, in general; some may go up and above, but they are far in between.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have always bought my Hondas at Cardinal Honda in Ct. I have to admit it helped to work there for 30 years in the Parts dept. Retired now. But to the point we/they always cleaned the cars before delivery. Which meant the car was vacuumed,windows cleaned, it was washed ,dried and was given its first coat of wax. That's the way it was done for the time I worked there. Been retired for three years now so I quess things could change, but I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. So, i upgraded from a 2017 to a 2019 just recently. my concern is that the detailing wasn't up to par with my expectations. In comparing when I picked up my 2017, it was immaculate, spotless. However the 2019 i noticed that there are rust spots on the front rotors and also rust spots in the inside of the rims. Are these a concern? Not sure how long this truck was sitting outside in their storage lot. Small leaves stuck in the crevices, dirt build up in the front windows rubber moldings.
Mine came pretty dirty as well -Soil like Dirt form the yard under the hood, all over the plastic cover. I received the Standard quick wash from the " Detail Area".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts