Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
". . . Honda intends to market their new cash cow to wannabe tough guys rather than real people who use trucks in their line of work."

Wannabe tough guys? The person who wrote this ditty obviously has a chip on their shoulder for men who drive compact pickups and who don't work for a contractor. They seem to forget Honda did marketing research to see what truck owners actually do with their pickups and that the Ridgeline meets the most common needs. Sounds like yet another "truck snob."

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Not everyone who wants or needs a pick-up truck uses it for their "line of work." I count myself in that category and the Ridgeline will suit my needs very well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the Jeep and H3...again more than I'll ever use for what they're intended for so the Ridgeline still suits me best. Must...stay...the...course...think Ridgeline. Best truck. The agony! :D

·
2,346 Posts
That Jeep Rescue is a really cool looking vehicle. I didn't think that Jeep was going to actually produce the vehicle. If they do make it, Hummer will have something to be concerned about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
None of those are competetion. The trucks shown are still the antique body bolted to a frame design from the original Model T Fords. I don't forsee any comparable products for at lease several years while everyone is rushing back to the drawing boards. I would bet Toyota will be the first to copy the Ridgeline. Ford and GM don't have the $$$ or engineering talent to design something comparable for probably 10 years down the road.

·
2,346 Posts
Also, the Big Three may be too entreched in legacy technology and methods to make such a radical change. The Japanese automakers seem to be more open to paradigm shifts just like Honda did with the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm sure everyone knows this, but the Ridgeline and other small Honda trucks (Pilot, MDX, Element, and Odyssey) were designed right here in the U.S. It must be the Japanese influence that allows the forward thinking engineers to do their thing with full company support. If only the big 3 would follow their example, we'd have better domestic cars.

I also think it's ironic that most people will think the Ridgeline was designed by Japanese guys who know nothing about trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts