Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's always been Versatile. It's part of the spec. The media was designed for data and/or video.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Holy moley!!!

Back up to this level and you can see all the TSBs...

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Honda/index-issue.html

I didn't know the unwashed masses had access to this information -- and I knew about alldata.com, I just thought Honda had a lock-down on their info. Very cool. :cool: :D

Am I slow, or what? ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh...I figured it was a play on DVD

...DVD in most places means Video....that's what I'm commenting on. Nobody is going to know that the HONDA V means versatile unless they spell it out. Kind of a stupid marketing idea don't you think?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, DVD never has meant 'video'. The acronym has, and always has been, 'Digital Versatile Disc' from day one.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Oh, I thought it was Suburban Assault Vehicle... oh wait, that's SAV... ;)

OK, I guess I can't feel that way about SUVs anymore, given that I now own a *truck*...

Still, isn't a truck so much more... useful? Especially *this* truck? :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
flymuck said:
Oh, I thought it was Suburban Assault Vehicle... oh wait, that's SAV... ;)

OK, I guess I can't feel that way about SUVs anymore, given that I now own a *truck*...

Still, isn't a truck so much more... useful? Especially *this* truck? :D
That sort of goes with our new names for Ford SUVs: Ford Explosion, Ford Eclipse (yes I know that is a car but this thing will actually darken the sky around it), and the Ford Exorbitant.

Isn't it more like the Suburban Unnecessary Vehicle? Most people who own SUVs don't need them, a good Caravan or other minivan would work just fine for them.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Most minivans don't have AWD. That's why we traded the POS in for a Pilot.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shovelhd said:
Most minivans don't have AWD. That's why we traded the POS in for a Pilot.
A Pilot is nothing like these massive beasts Ford and the other companies have. A Pilot isn't really any bigger than the Odessey, so it is a good exchange for a minivan. It is the people who drive these giant SUVs who only move around 1 maybe 2 kids max and never have more than the amount of groceries that would fit in the trunk of a Civic that really bother me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts