Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Did you receive yours??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just got mine today (well, ok, yesterday) -- I immediately turned to the page about the auto-unlocking of the doors, and yes, they corrected the "misprint" from the previous manual... hmmmm... nice way of "dealing" with the problem, Honda! What irks me most is that in the letter that was included they say that the new owner's manual was included (along with the new warranty booklet) because of some improvements that had been omitted in the first manual... as if this correction of the "misprint" somehow makes everything ok!

Oh well. I'm done venting. It's not like I wouldn't have bought the truck even if I'd known about the way the auto-unlock worked! :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
flymuck said:
Just got mine today (well, ok, yesterday) -- I immediately turned to the page about the auto-unlocking of the doors, and yes, they corrected the "misprint" from the previous manual... hmmmm... nice way of "dealing" with the problem, Honda! What irks me most is that in the letter that was included they say that the new owner's manual was included (along with the new warranty booklet) because of some improvements that had been omitted in the first manual... as if this correction of the "misprint" somehow makes everything ok!

Oh well. I'm done venting. It's not like I wouldn't have bought the truck even if I'd known about the way the auto-unlock worked! :D :rolleyes:
So now it is a misprint for the ones built since September I suppose.:rolleyes:And when they update the rest of ours a new manual will be printed?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Got mine yesterday - They fixed the door unlock issue by changing the manual.

That is like fixing a software engineer fixing a flat tire - just drive it down the road and see if the problem goes away. - NOT

Honda - Fix the problem not the manual!!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
larryr said:
That is like fixing a software engineer fixing a flat tire - just drive it down the road and see if the problem goes away. - NOT
Hey! I resemble that remark! This software engineer thinks a better analogy would be to say that instead of fixing a flat tire, zero is the new PSI rating for the vehicle... ;)

It is arguable whether or not the behavior was a "bug" to begin with -- some people on this forum have even said they prefer that their children can't bolt out of the car without the driver manually unlocking the doors first.

Also, there is a door module coming out to upgrade the locks on the earlier models... no word yet from Honda who pays for the fix...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anyone tried yet to extract some sort of "rebate" on their Hondacare purchase, now that the new warranty has rendered it less valuable?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
What irks me most is that in the letter that was included they say that the new owner's manual was included (along with the new warranty booklet) because of some improvements that had been omitted in the first manual... as if this correction of the "misprint" somehow makes everything ok!
I talked to the Quality Control guy at my dealership today about that. We had discussed the door lock problem shortly after I got the RL. He was unaware to the post 09/05 production RLs all-door unlock capability. He is going to try and get me an answer in a few days.
He also promised to look into whether Honda is willing to offer some sort of rebate on the Honda Care extended warranty.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got mine last week.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got all of mine on October 1st, the day I bought mine. But I did not get any nice leather wallet to keep it all in, I got a stupid paper envelope...which the salesman readily crumpled up and handed me...what a joke!

UGH!
George

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As posted on another thread......
I am loved. Mine arrived today!! :D

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Are these coming directly from Honda or through the dealerships?
I must not be loved.:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts