Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I just joined today, been reading lots, and now I'm just hoping that when my Ridgeline arrives, it will be good. It is hard to come on a forum, and read about all the problems and disappointments. My new truck should be here in a month, its a Black Edition.
Really looking forward to it, despite the nervousness. I've had 4 honda cars, but this is my first Honda truck.
Cheers, Whitney

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well it should be a fun journey for you, Whitney. I went from a Honda Accord to a Ridgeline in 2022, and it was a bit hard at first. Still adjusting to it. I just am now embracing it, giving up, so to speak. Takes a bit of time to embrace the new feel of driving it. I would say to gas 'er, but to make driving safety a priority, as with any vehicle. When you really gas it, you'll hear a metallic-like roar, which is a charactaristic of the direct injection engine I think. But it's a nice sound. Sedans do some things so well. Ridgelines do things so well also.
Black Edition is a bonus. I have a Sport. Get your seat height where you like it. So nice to sit up high compared to a sedan, or even SUV.

You'll have a little larger prescence on the road, with a truck. That actually means a lot. Seems I get a bit more respect on the highways and road with my black Sport Ridgeline, compared to my silver Accord. But give equal respect back to the drivers on the road around you, so as to stay safe.

Enjoy your truck. Embrace it, and it will grow on you.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It is hard to come on a forum, and read about all the problems and disappointments.
Agree with this, but at the same time, this is where people come to complain so it just comes with the territory. Hope your transaction is smooth and your truck is very reliable for you.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,721 Posts
Hello.
I just joined today, been reading lots, and now I'm just hoping that when my Ridgeline arrives, it will be good. It is hard to come on a forum, and read about all the problems and disappointments. My new truck should be here in a month, its a Black Edition.
Really looking forward to it, despite the nervousness. I've had 4 honda cars, but this is my first Honda truck.
Cheers, Whitney
Lots of reading about problems over at the Furd, Chevy, Ram forums. Buy a used p/u, the 1st owner got everything fixed.

Reactions: WB77

·
Administrator
23,068 Posts
It is hard to come on a forum, and read about all the problems and disappointments.
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @WB77!

Virtually every automobile has issues - the Ridgeline is no exception. You won't find a single model from any manufacturer without a list of problems and complaints.

The Ridgeline (and Pilot, Passport, and US-spec Odyssey) were designed exclusively for the North American market. They are built at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama which produces some of the lowest quality autombiles in Honda's lineup. It's frustrating because Honda used to be at the top of the quality ratings and now they're just average.

The Ridgeline's quality is certainly no worse than any other vehicle with an open bed and its advantages (bed, trunk, tailgate, ride, comfort, handling, safety, etc.) outweigh the negatives.

The worst of the problems were with the 2017-2019 models and reports of water leaks have slowed lately hinting that Honda may have finally addressed that issue for now.

I've personally owned six Ridgelines and while the second generation (2017-current) may not be as reliable as the first generation (2006-2014), it's still the best overall choice for a vehicle with an open bed for most people.

·
Administrator
23,068 Posts
Welcome to the board! It's quite the sensible bunch here!
As much as I'd like to think it's the staff, I think the Ridgeline simply attracts reasonable, sensible, logical buyers for the most part. The Ridgeline isn't for everyone, but it's for a lot more people than they know or will admit to.

I've been all over the internet for decades and I've never found a forum as enjoyable as this one. Ridgeline buyers generally tend to be intelligent, analytical, and level-headed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As much as I'd like to think it's the staff, I think the Ridgeline simply attracts reasonable, sensible, logical buyers for the most part. The Ridgeline isn't for everyone, but it's for a lot more people than they know or will admit to.

I've been all over the internet for decades and I've never found a forum as enjoyable as this one. Ridgeline buyers generally tend to be intelligent, analytical, and level-headed.

At least until the crazy Canadian woman showed up ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts