Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this there too. not sure which is correct.

lurker turned member. i just hit 107k on a 08. had a few questions.
bought it used and i dont think the tranny,vt or transfer have ever been changed. should i change or leave alone? 1 or all 3?
i know to go to dw if i do the flush drain of the trans.
has anyone done the trans with that many miles on stock fluid?
is the gear oil LS or just syn 75w-90?
im having the timing belt done with new radiator(if they will let me bring my own rad)along with tensioner,water pump.. no spare vehicle,dont want to have to rush that job.
i am planning on keeping it,best vehicle i have had yet. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
If you follow the maintenance minder, you'll be fine. Check with your dealer to see if they have records from the previous owner.

The owner's manual has the servicing schedule - if you mostly make short trips or tow, use the "severe service" column, otherwise use the regular column.

If you decide to do your own service work, use genuine Honda fluids for the following:
- Transmission
- VTM-4 differential
- Coolant
- Power steering

And use any good-quality fluid that meets the exact specifications for these:
- Brake fluid (DOT-3)
- Transfer case
- Oil

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
If you follow the maintenance minder, you'll be fine. Check with your dealer to see if they have records from the previous owner.

The owner's manual has the servicing schedule - if you mostly make short trips or tow, use the "severe service" column, otherwise use the regular column.

If you decide to do your own service work, use genuine Honda fluids for the following:
- Transmission
- VTM-4 differential
- Coolant
- Power steering

And use any good-quality fluid that meets the exact specifications for these:
- Brake fluid (DOT-3)
- Transfer case
- Oil

Chip H.
Agree, and check your other post.

FWIW, Please only start 1 thread per topic, when you start multiple, you will frustrate some of the long time members and they may not answer at all

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Timing belt & rad. .smart move!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts