Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I bought a 2012 RL Sport last fall but only recently found this great forum. Here's how I ended up with the Sport:

I have a cabin near the Canadian border and kept a Silverado WT with regular cab and bed there. It was useful as heck for hauling, but the cab wasn't good for carrying more than two people and was only suited for maybe 7 months a year because of RWD (It snows a LOT up there!). My commuter car back in the city is FWD and I didn't want to own three vehicles, so I started looking for a practical year-round truck that could live both places and would haul both stuff and the family year-round.

I initially considered replacing the Silverado with an F-150, but in SuperCrew configuration it was just going to be too big for my garage. Next I checked out the Tacoma, but, man that thing is crude! But as luck would have it, a local Ford dealership I was at had this low-miles RL in their used lot. Compared to a new F-150, the price was stupid high and the fuel efficiency was stupid low, but darned if it wasn't otherwise exactly what I was looking for—roomy, comfortable, and, especially with the in-bed trunk, practical as hell for driving to the lake and back. I was sold, and here I am.

Thanks in advance for all the useful info on this forum; I'm already exploring it, learning about my RL. And I look forward to learning about the Gen 2 model as well; I can already imagine wanting one in a few years.

· Registered
7 Posts
Well, congrats on the new (to you) truck. It was little like Deja Vu when I read that you found your RL at a Ford dealership. I, too, purchased my '07 Ridge used with only 3K miles on it at one of my local Ford dealers (in the Twin Cities, MN) back in early 2008. The only difference was that I was targeting the Ridgelines specifically after a less-than-exceptional experience with an older Tundra. Anyways, hope you're enjoying the RL as much as I have over the last 8 years. It truly is the best of both worlds (truck and car). After all this time, I still love it.

· Premium Member
2018 RTL-E White/Tan
2,331 Posts
Ridgelines aren't on most people's radar, but they are the perfect vehicle for lots of reasons. Glad you got one and are enjoying it. Welcome to the ROC and post some photos when you get a chance.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, congrats on the new (to you) truck. It was little like Deja Vu when I read that you found your RL at a Ford dealership. I, too, purchased my '07 Ridge used with only 3K miles on it at one of my local Ford dealers (in the Twin Cities, MN) back in early 2008. The only difference was that I was targeting the Ridgelines specifically after a less-than-exceptional experience with an older Tundra. Anyways, hope you're enjoying the RL as much as I have over the last 8 years. It truly is the best of both worlds (truck and car). After all this time, I still love it.
What's amazing to me is just how much I enjoy this darned RL. I mean, in the last fifteen years I've owned an Audi A4, Acura MDX, and a BMW X3, but this RL Sport--so basic it doesn't even have heated seats--is my favorite of the bunch. It has an amazing "just right" feeling to drive I never expected. Go figure.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome to the club. The RL really is a one and done vehicle. Posts like yours help remind me of that. I'm starting to miss mine. Damn this recall!!!

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,898 Posts
Welcome to the ROC,

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.