Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RTS will be picked up noon Monday after some acc added...
couple of questions...
1...has anyone used that $69 chip? Results?
2...which 2 non-syn oils are best? (I change my own)
3...I tow a bass rig of 3,000 lbs loaded...on flat land for an hour to area lakes max...is reg gas fine or what?

Thanx
[email protected]

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!! Good color choice, forget the chip!! Towing should be OK!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Welcome to the club....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanx
Have an Uncle USAF jet mechanic...now retired in Az...
=====
My RTS acc are...side steps, bug guard, under seat storage, sun shades, mud flaps all around and bed cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
La. 2012 cherry pie arrives !!!

About 9 one line bass club decals go on the outside thirds of the rear window
and sorting of stuff after this rain passes tonite...
then its ready for the bass tournament this Saturday Feb 18th just 25 miles away...and
another Feb 25th. This will be the only Ridgeline in the 8 area clubs as far as I know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: La. 2012 cherry pie arrives !!!

then its ready for the bass tournament this Saturday Feb 18th just 25 miles away...and
another Feb 25th. This will be the only Ridgeline in the 8 area clubs as far as I know.
When you come over to Shreveport in a couple of weeks for the bass tournament you will not be the only Ridgeline in town. We have a few around but I don't know any of them. I believe I'm the only one in the ROC here.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new ride, it will tow your bass boat with no problems and pulling out from ramps will be fun with no problems.....I've been pulling one for many years....best of luck with your next Tx.....tight lines

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Welcome to ROC, from a Florida member. Hope to meet you in October at ROC Crusin the Coast.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome to the club. I'm about 40 miles north of Tyler, Tx, not that far from the LA border. There are several of us Ridgeline owners here in E. Texas. A Louisiana guy using a Skeeter? Never heard of such, LOL!

I know you know all about Lake Fork and maybe even fished it a few times. I think I should tell you that I was the greatest fisherman in the history of Lake Fork! I had a fishing camper between Mustang Cove and Lake Fork Marina (where most of the big tournaments were held). I was there all the time living in my trailer on weekends and five days a week after I retired.

I loved chunkin' French Fries on Carolina Rigs in the offshore holes years before that technique became popular. I even used those rigs in two feet of water during the spawn with lizards. Much shorter leader of course and no weight but man did they love it!! I think I may even have introduced Slug-o to Lake Fork and as you know, many a tournament fisherman in those days won money there with those things.

I caught them to 13 lbs during the glory days but sold my trailer just before the decline hit the lake. I still miss it - a lot! I'll see if I can post a picture I still have around from my boat house there. Also, if I can scan it right, I'll try to post a couple from many, many years ago on a fly-in for Canadian Walleye. As you can see in the van, we had everything we needed!!!!

I live 25 miles from L. Fork now so the next time you want to fish it I'm right on the way! Pick me up or I'll meet you there and I'll show you a few choice and secret spots. I'll also show you why it is important to use spinning rigs on that lake, which may be something you did not know. The main reason of course is so that I can get a good look at that beautiful 2012 truck of yours!!! Good luck with the Ridgeline.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Re: La. 2012 cherry pie arrives !!!

By the way.....pictures...need pictures of your bass after your tx......Spring is coming and those hawgs will be on the beds.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts