Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a former Pilot owner (2003 EX) traded for a 2005 Accord V6, now I want to trade my 2000 Accord V6 for a Ridgeline. I live in Cental Texas and would like to know what a fair / good price for a RTL - with Moonroof (must be white)

I appreciate any price or deal info anyone can provide. I also would like to know any deals that can be had with the Hondacare.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do a search on this. There are plenty of numbers posted on what others have gotten their trucks for. Recently many have been getting them at invoice minus $1000.00 on an incentive situation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I posted an article on 'internet pricing your truck'. Just do the same thing for your dealers in Texas. Now is a SUPER time to buy!
Also, do a TON of research on the Hondacare (warranty). We were not interested in the extended warranty, but got a major LINE at the dealership. There is a guy on this forum who will give it to you at COST.
Also, we heard if you are a current CostCo member...you can get it for $1000 (at least here in CA). We were originally quoted around $1800, and the jerk finance manager didn't give us ANYTHING to look at (to see what was covered under the HondaCare package).Make sure you get paperwork BEFORE to see what all is covered under the extended warranty package.
Again, do your homework, etc.
Many banks, credit unions, etc., will also offer extended warranty coverage for FAR LESS than the dealer.
Another note: if the dealer sells it, they are making a huge profit on it...so again...be a smart buyer and do your homework!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check out Carsdirect. The price you see there is basically the lowest the price is going to be - it's essentially dealer invoice and you get that price because Carsdirect functions like a fleet owner. You buy through the fleet manager, whose department is not made up of "salesmen" like you normally have to deal with at dealerships. You may also use Costco's auto-buying program or your local credit unions who may have a car-buying program. Regardless of which of these you choose, the price will be almost exactly the same. I've bought my last 4 cars this way and will never go back to dealing with salesman for anything other than test drives.

The typical disclaimer applies: I'm not employed by, affiliated with, nor paid by anyone. I'm just a very happy customer who wants to try and turn people onto these alternatives. You won't beat the deals they offer.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Bigdog.....the only piece of advice I have for you is to research. Use sites like Edmunds.com, among others, to get the sticker and invoice price on the unit you want. Then go out on the net and start looking prices. You should get a good idea of it will take for a salesman to part with a Ridgeline.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to send a few e-mails to several different dealerships and ask what they are looking to get for the Ridgelines they have on their lot. Even if it's not a dealership you would consider (Because it was too far away, or whatever) , it's nice to be able to say to a salesman (After they give you that first offer), "Well, that's not a bad price, but I can get it from another dealership for $XXXXX.00". When the salesperson says, "Oh, no way....nobody would quote you a price that low", you can pull out the e-mail and show him the numbers somebody else quoted you. It comes in handy.

That's pretty much what I did and I got a pretty good deal on mine. Of course, IMHO, nothing makes up for sitting down and doing some good solid research (I think it kinda takes salesman aback a little when you can describe the vehicle and it's options better than they can....they know you've done your homework). I researched pickups for over a year before I decided on a Ridge.... and I'm glad I did. I almost settled on a Frontier. I mean, the Frontier is not a bad truck....it's just not a Ridgeline.......:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
RL prices have recently been posted on this forum at significantly less than invoice. One I recall was $1400 under. Invoice prices can be found at the sites mentioned by others here, like Edmunds.

When I bought in Sept, I paid slightly over invoice. Prices have come down a lot. I don't agree with the post that car-buying programs are all the same. I started with asking for the Costco price, and it was a joke. The Costco deal was only $500 under MSRP for the Ridgeline, very different from their deals on most other vehicles (I saw the list, most were $250-$500 over invoice). I think I ended up paying about $1500 less than the Costco price. The Edmunds "target" price was also much higher than I paid. It is supposed to be based on actual prices paid in your region, but in a falling market it makes sense that it will lag.

Check around, send emails, search threads here to get actual deals made. It made all the difference to me to go into the showroom confident that I knew what I was talking about so I could politely negotiate with them to a reasonable price. Turned out the GM of my dealer aplogized to me at the end and gave me my price, because I knew what the costs were, and he apparently didn't. I stuck to my guns and it paid off.

Good luck, and good choice on color. GO WHITE!
Let us know how you do.

...oh, and BTW....Welcome to the ROC!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
tcj said:
Check out Carsdirect. The price you see there is basically the lowest the price is going to be - it's essentially dealer invoice and you get that price because Carsdirect functions like a fleet owner. You buy through the fleet manager, whose department is not made up of "salesmen" like you normally have to deal with at dealerships. You may also use Costco's auto-buying program or your local credit unions who may have a car-buying program. Regardless of which of these you choose, the price will be almost exactly the same. I've bought my last 4 cars this way and will never go back to dealing with salesman for anything other than test drives.

The typical disclaimer applies: I'm not employed by, affiliated with, nor paid by anyone. I'm just a very happy customer who wants to try and turn people onto these alternatives. You won't beat the deals they offer.
I concur this is exactly what we did and it worked for us!:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a silver RTL w/moonroof in november for $28,030, just under 30K with tax and tags. I live in Pa and I have noticed regional price differences, but you should be able to strike a good deal based on what others are paying. As others have said, shop around. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts