Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Which would you be willing to somewhat commit to attending?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working on our biggest ROC event ever. I'm not sure which we can do so I'm posting this as a poll. NOTHING is written in stone, not even the timing.

Please take the poll above so I'll know which way to push for.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on folks give an opinion please. I need to know the potential numbers soon!!!!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I am open to either Joe but voted for seeing the truck being built.
Went to the 2008 Ohio plant Meet tour but we did not see truck being assemble because they did not make Ridgeline there we saw other Honda vehicles being put together on the line from start to finish. The second day of meet we saw Ridgeline at Honda testing research facility in Ohio. We saw Ridgeline being put thru some of it's capabilities. This is why I say whatever way poll goes I am open to either.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Unfortunately, the AL plant would be out of the question for me as it would be to far to travel, although things may change, however the Ohio R&D facility would be cool to see as I missed the last one.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Enjoyed the previous ROC tour at Lincoln, would do it again. Hope to attend in my new 2016/17 DCP RTL.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
2008 combo meet in Ohio - loved it. One of my best vacations ever.
2009 Pigeon Forge - excellent
2009 Knoxville - cool
2010 Alabama plant tour - helped organize.
2010 Swartzwood - worth every one of the 32 hours on the road to get there

Seriously folks - if there is a chance to have a capability demo like they one they put on in 2008, please try to encourage it. Read the posts from the meet. They let us ride, three-at-a-time, with safety helments, in an RTL driven by a lead engineer/designer around a road course. They had 1,000 lbs of bagged lead shot in the bed. It was awesome!

They did the split-mu demo and the water trough. The day opened my eyes to what the Ridgeline can do. Hard to believe that was more than six years ago.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would love to do the OH trip and meet up. Living in North East OH, I would be more than willing to help coordinate things. Please keep me posted or message me if you would like to set up a time to discuss.

·
Administrator
16,291 Posts
The only time I ever attended anything Ridgeline-related was the 2010 Lincoln plant tour. After driving 20 hours, I was extremely disappointed to arrive only to be told we couldn't see the Ridgeline since it was on the same line as a new Odyssey that hadn't been publicly released yet. The only part of a Ridgeline we saw was a rack of freshly-stamped fenders. It was hard to contain my excitement. It didn't help that the windshield on my 3-month-old 2010 Ridgeline got busted by flying debris on I-20 in Mississippi during my return home. Personally, I'd rather read an article someone wrote, see pictures, or watch a video of a plant tour or demo. That's a lot cheaper, much less time consuming, and nowhere near as disappointing if it doesn't go as planned. Call me a jerk, but the social aspect doesn't mean much to me - I have friends, family, and forums for that. :)

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Toured Lincoln plant about 7-months ago, it was awesome! I would definitely go again!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,667 Posts
I voted for both... emphasis being on *somewhat commit* as it is 435 miles to Lincoln and 438 miles to Raymond from my home. And schedules being what they are....

Any rough time frame Joe?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I would rather see the demo. I have owned three Ridgelines and would currently love to get back into one. I like my Toyota but really liked the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
With my son's sports schedule the time isn't there for me to attend.

I can see a meet like this being really cool for most people. I've had the opportunity to see the auto manufacturing process. I worked for a company at the Nissan plant in Smyrna TN for 4 years while I was attending Middle Tennessee State University.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
...After driving 20 hours, I was extremely disappointed to arrive only to be told we couldn't see the Ridgeline since it was on the same line as a new Odyssey that hadn't been publicly released yet...
Yes, Z, you are exactly right. As were most of us also disappointed. I'm sorry that didn't go as planned.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
As enticing as this offer is, I could not commit to anything without dates. Even then it would be very iffy. The fair and true answer to someone planning this would be to not count on me.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,279 Posts
I voted for Alabama, but am interested in Ohio too. Either way I'll fly in and go from there, sorry but 4 days on the road just burns too much vacation time

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm retired so I would do both.

The distance doesn't matter to me.

Unless they really screw it up I expect to buy a second gen when it comes.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keep in mind that my "Spring of 2016" is just a guess at this point. I doubt it will be any sooner than that, but it's possible it may actually be Summer. I don't know. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the ROC members would prefer to see and how many are actually willing to make such a trip (that will be the next step).

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Keep in mind that my "Spring of 2016" is just a guess at this point. I doubt it will be any sooner than that, but it's possible it may actually be Summer. I don't know. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the ROC members would prefer to see and how many are actually willing to make such a trip (that will be the next step).
On the lists I see about 5 people that would actually go....

... Last year I actually went to a "Canceled" meet !! :act018:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts