Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Which would you be willing to somewhat commit to attending?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would go to either - as long as we get 90 day notice - Would be nice to see everyone once again.

Joe - thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I regret missing the Ohio meets, learned a lot about the RL in St Louis from Gary and crew plus enjoyed the tour of the Arch and Budweiser facility, plus the cold beverages in the evening on the parking deck of one of the best hotel/motels I have ever stayed in. The Lincoln tour was great even without the RL, being a machinist in early life I really appreciated the automation in manufacturing the heads and blocks for the V-6 engines plus the great job the Lincoln folks did to make our visit enjoyable. Location of the Lincoln plant is a minus due to lack of lodging and restaurants nearby. We had a small meet in the Smokies that turned out well with convoying the RL's through the mountains, Cades Cove, Tail of the Dragon, Fontana Dam, Foothills Parkway, etc. Be nice if we could have a long weekend event and do some of all listed above.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
From Washington DC, to Alabama Plant its 10 1/2 hour drive
From DC to Ohio facility 7hrs

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
We would happily drive to either location. It's a trek from SoCal but we love a good road-trip. Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Game on, I will attend. Thank you, Joe, for taking care the details.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Keep in mind that my "Spring of 2016" is just a guess at this point. I doubt it will be any sooner than that, but it's possible it may actually be Summer. I don't know. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the ROC members would prefer to see and how many are actually willing to make such a trip (that will be the next step).
I'll make the trip Jo, and do the barber museum while I'm there! But definitely a demo, and a head to head with competitor if at all possible. I know they always have some around for testing.
Thanks for making the effort, pm me if I can assist in any way.
I will likely attend the SSM this fall.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,966 Posts
Will Gary be there too?

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
More information...

It's possible that we will be able to do both. I have been working behind the scenes on some things. Keep in mind that none of the below will occur until AFTER the public release of the next-generation Ridgeline.

For the potential Ohio meet it looks like a two day event. We may have a special tour of the Honda Heritage Center and the Marysville assembly plant (no they don't build the Ridgeline there, but it will give some an insight into how vehicles are assembled). On the second day we may be able to visit Honda R&D facility and see demonstrations of the capabilities of the next-generation Ridgeline. For those that were there the last time know how great this could be (if we can make it all happen).

The Alabama tour would probably be a one day event. I'm confident I can arrange a special tour for our group to see the next-generation Ridgeline being built and special access to areas that are not normally open to the public. The Talladega Superspeedway is nearby and we may be able to get access to have a SLOW speed Ridgeline parade lap around the track if we can get enough people involved.

This is all VERY preliminary and we have no permission for any of the above at this time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Would have loved the Alliston, ON plant when the RL was being built here.
I agree on this, although moot. I have an Alliston built Ridge, and live not far from plant. Would have been cool.

Alabama is a longer haul than Ohio, and I would rather see R&D, and hope for capability tour, ride. But as with many, I can't commit until dates are set.

For those planning( tks muchly) I am voting for the Ohio tour, if I could swing it when it comes around.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree on this, although moot. I have an Alliston built Ridge, and live not far from plant. Would have been cool.

Alabama is a longer haul than Ohio, and I would rather see R&D, and hope for capability tour, ride. But as with many, I can't commit until dates are set.

For those planning( tks muchly) I am voting for the Ohio tour, if I could swing it when it comes around.
IF this event gets approved, maybe we could car pool? :act030:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Visiting the Lincoln, AL plant and see the Ridgeline being built?
2,050 miles and 30 hours

OR

Visit Honda R&D in Raymond, OH and see a demo of it's capabilities?
2,213 miles and 32 hours

Decision, decisions, decisions.....:act035:

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.