Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Which would you be willing to somewhat commit to attending?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,698 Posts
Visiting the Lincoln, AL plant and see the Ridgeline being built?
1,989 miles and 28 hours

OR

Visit Honda R&D in Raymond, OH and see a demo of it's capabilities?
2,153 miles and 31 hours

It would be a great road trip.... Hmmmm

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
2064m/28hr to Lincoln plant
2233m/33hr to Raymond, Oh

I'm hoping these events are close enough together time-wise that we can do them both in one road trip,
or that they are far enough apart time-wise that we can do them both with two separate road trips.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I've been in communications with people that can make both of these possible. I'm sort of in a Catch 22 situation... they want to know numbers, etc. and there's no way I can give them anything because I have no dates, etc.

It's looking like we're going to need about 30 people at each event to make it happen. We're still over a year away from either one being possible so we've got a lot of time to get things worked out. Unfortunately we won't be able to get solid dates for about a year either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
IF this event gets approved, maybe we could car pool? :act030:
Even better if we could get an Ont. Convoy to head down. If I did this I would likely have to consider making it a family trip, and do other sightseeing things to sell it.

Maybe bring atv and go for a ride....all options this far in advance

Joe, Tks for the update, and I will subscribe so I can plan for if & when this gets put together.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Even better if we could get an Ont. Convoy to head down. If I did this I would likely have to consider making it a family trip, and do other sightseeing things to sell it.
I'm good with that.
Might be able to convince a few friends :)

IF this gets approved, we'll start an "Ontario Convoy" thread.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,698 Posts
Joe,

I'm just thinking when it gets closer maybe you can sent out an email to all "active" or former users of the website. I know 2 former Ridgeline Owners that are interested but I don't think either are actively following our website. They check with me more than anything. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Joe,

I'm just thinking when it gets closer maybe you can sent out an email to all "active" or former users of the website. I know 2 former Ridgeline Owners that are interested but I don't think either are actively following our website. They check with me more than anything. Just a thought
Will do when we have firm plans.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would love to see the factory tour, plus it's only a 30 minute drive to Barber Motorsports Park, which is worth a trip by itself.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I've been in communications with people that can make both of these possible. I'm sort of in a Catch 22 situation... they want to know numbers, etc. and there's no way I can give them anything because I have no dates, etc.

It's looking like we're going to need about 30 people at each event to make it happen. We're still over a year away from either one being possible so we've got a lot of time to get things worked out. Unfortunately we won't be able to get solid dates for about a year either.
Enthusiasm runs high but the final numbers will probably be half or less. The St Louis meet was by far the best I have attended; anything and everything you ever wanted to know about the RL was presented in detail. St Louis also exceeded my expectations for lodging and restaurants. The short side of the Alabama tour is lodging and restaurants with the only side attraction being being the speedway. I would definitely do the Alabama tour again as it was very professionally conducted and only 3 hours our so for me. Not sure about Ohio due to the distance, but I would definitely make an effort to attend.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
For those possibly contemplating a long distance road trip, you may want to consider coordinating some fairly nearby destinations.... it may depend on what direction you're coming from as to whether or not you consider them "convenient" side trips, but they are worth the visit in my opinion.... especially if you don't expect to return to the area.
Within 150 miles are both the Pro-Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio; and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Even closer & well worth the trip (it's HUGE & likely very interesting to most "car types" here) is the US Air Force National Museum in Dayton.... about 65 miles away. It's arranged in several gigantic buildings, and is arranged by eras of flight history.... all kinds of aircraft specimens as well as great, sometimes lesser known historical information. As a matter of fact, I could see some in the RL tour group coordinating a 'secondary' group visit there just for grins, maybe the day after Raymond.

Just FYI for those wanting to optimize the effort. :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
For those possibly contemplating a long distance road trip, you may want to consider coordinating some fairly nearby destinations.... it may depend on what direction you're coming from as to whether or not you consider them "convenient" side trips, but they are worth the visit in my opinion.... especially if you don't expect to return to the area.
Within 150 miles are both the Pro-Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio; and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Even closer & well worth the trip (it's HUGE & likely very interesting to most "car types" here) is the US Air Force National Museum in Dayton.... about 65 miles away. It's arranged in several gigantic buildings, and is arranged by eras of flight history.... all kinds of aircraft specimens as well as great, sometimes lesser known historical information. As a matter of fact, I could see some in the RL tour group coordinating a 'secondary' group visit there just for grins, maybe the day after Raymond.

Just FYI for those wanting to optimize the effort. :)
Always wanted to see the AF museum in Dayton. I have toured the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola a couple of times; awesome.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm definitely in for the tours. Being retired I have no time constraints.

QUOTE]Always wanted to see the AF museum in Dayton. I have toured the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola a couple of times; awesome[/QUOTE]

That is also on my bucket list. I was a Navy Aircrewman in my younger days so it has special meaning to me.
My friend and I would have already gone but he is having lingering complications from a surgery so that trip is on hold for now.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I'm definitely in for the tours. Being retired I have no time constraints.

QUOTE]Always wanted to see the AF museum in Dayton. I have toured the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola a couple of times; awesome
"That is also on my bucket list. I was a Navy Aircrewman in my younger days so it has special meaning to me.
My friend and I would have already gone but he is having lingering complications from a surgery so that trip is on hold for now.[/QUOTE]

If you get the the Naval museum, plan on taking in the AF Armament Museum at Eglin AFB just a few miles down the road at Fort Walton, FL. The Armaent Museum has all type of armament plus a aircraft static display including a B-52.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Me too, have passed Wright Patterson AB on 70 more times than I can count, would enjoy a visit there too. We could easily burn at least a day there looking at aircraft. I will be coming from Lafayette, IN.

Always wanted to see the AF museum in Dayton. I have toured the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola a couple of times; awesome.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I used to work for NCR in the 1980's and 1990's and spent a lot of time in Dayton, Ohio (where NCR used to be headquartered) and had a lot of weekend there and managed to see the AF Museum there multiple times. Growing up in the 60's, my next door neighbor was a 50 mission over Europe in WWII survivor - his wife showed me his service record at his funeral - he did not want a military funeral even though he should have had one and at the museum, one weekend, when I visited they had and exhibit of pictures and planes from the war in Europe of the 1940's and they had many of the various WWII training class pictures and a roster of who attended, how many missions they had, if they had been POW's or died in action. My neighbor was the only survivor of his class - from the one time he was drunk (semi-sober?) enough to talk about the war, he let me know that he had been wounded a few times over Germany and survived 2 crash landings, one as the only survivor - then he started crying and I never has enough nerve to ask him about the war again. He died 2 years before I saw that display. In the 80's and 90's they did not have enough space to show everything and did monthly swap outs of many planes and the exhibits. I think that they were building a larger building to house everything in the late 90's. Even though I visited it 12 times, I never saw everything.

It is worth the trip to see the AF museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio. Even without a Honda Plant tour.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,137 Posts
I'd be more able to do the Ohio tour, but I may be able to make the AL one work. I'd be flying in instead of driving the 20+ hours. I love my old RL, but I hate driving anywhere more than 8-10 hours away. Just not worth it when I can be on a plane for two hours.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.