Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT 1/31/2016: PLEASE DISREGARD THE BELOW. DUE TO CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES I WILL NOT BE ORGANIZING ANY EVENTS WITH HONDA.

I'm trying to put together two possible meets to introduce the 2017 Honda Ridgeline to the ROC community.

The first meet is honestly highly unlikely but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. This would be at HRA in Raymond, OH. You would see all the background engineering work and the Ridgeline tested to its very limits. This is a highly classified area an no cell phone or photographic equipment would be allowed. We would be brought in on buses. I would expect this to be a Friday night meet and greet, Saturday tour, and Sunday would be whatever you want to do. Again I doubt Honda will approve this, but sometimes I can be very persuasive. We pulled off one of the only similar events in Honda history years ago. This is a top secret area.

The second meet would be at the Lincoln, AL assembly plant. I think I could work this out mid-June and we could witness the new Ridgeline being assembled, a nice lunch, and maybe a little extra.

I need to know numbers that would ABSOLUTELY attend the first, second or both. I have to present numbers. This is in early negotiations.

Please don't reply why you can't make it. I'm interested in those that can make it.

If there is no interest I'll drop it. We need at least 30 and up to 100 participants. Most have been very informative and entertaining. I intend to not make a single penny off this. Just an opportunity for Ridgeline owners to better understand the next generation Ridgeline and compare it to the first Generation. You may be surprised.

I don't know if Honda will cooperate but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Let me know what you are willing to do. If you can't make it please don't bother to post. I need people that are willing to adjust their schedule to make one or both of the meets.

I guarantee you'll learn a LOT about the new Ridgeline and things that dealers won't even know. If you listen you'll be an expert.

You in or out?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Count me in for Ohio.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Count me in for both, Joe. Need to use those AK air miles. I plan on going on down to the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola after visiting Lincoln to see the old warbird I flew during the Viet Nam conflict. I'm told they have one in the museum now. Last time I was there they had one parked outside but not on display.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Lincoln for sure, Ohio a maybe.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'll do both, Lincoln anytime, Raymond only if it is not snowing in Ohio. I hate snow.

Like Duncan, I am retired now and do nothing so anytime is good - both are half way to my Father's for a visit.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
A little concerned about the slow response to the meet(s). Been to a few and enjoyed them, especially St Louis; always regretted missed the Ohio meets. The Lincoln meet was OK even without the RL being shown in production.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
I am up for the R&D visit.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,580 Posts
While very interested in the Area 51 visit, I have schedule obligations well into summer and cannot commit without knowing a date. You probably can't get a date until you know the numbers. Classic catch 22.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Joe, what is the minimum number in attendance before planning starts on the meet(s) not looking good now with 11 attending the Ohio meet and 6 at the Alabama meet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Put me down for the Ohio meet. It sound like it would be very interseting!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
We would be in for the Alabama tour.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe, what is the minimum number in attendance before planning starts on the meet(s) not looking good now with 11 attending the Ohio meet and 6 at the Alabama meet.
I haven't even approached anyone at Honda about any specific tours. I'm just trying to get an idea of how many are interested. So it's more like I'll be able to tell I have XX number of people interested in a tour, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
I'd be interested in both, as I've got family in Alabama I can see at the same time & Friends in OH to visit. Date's are the key & lead time to make arrangements to travel there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts