Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was goiong to buy the Retracs cover but I was concerned with how much space the roller takes up in the bed. When I saw the Bakflip and the fact that it folds up against the rear window , leaving the full bed open, I was sold. I got the G2 back in February. Had it on the truck in 20 minutes.
I received a free tailgate seal with my offer so the bottom will not suck in dust. The top seal very well in my case some times Ican not get the tailgate down so I first open the gate sideways since there is more leverage from the side. I then just reclose and then can open downwards.

The 110 extra covers the additional parts for the side covers inside the overhang and costs for the smaller sized rails and pannels. Backfilp builds to order so volume also has an impact on price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey nils, I'm new to the forum and am getting ready to install a G2 Bakflip on my '07 RLX. Let me get this straight......you say you left the front, top tiedown brackets on the truck rather then removing them for the rail installation? Another question...has anyone on the forum tried silicone to try and resolve leaking into the bed for stowing articles that can't get wet? If so, where's the most likely spot I should run a bead of it? :confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I thought about putting my tiedowns back on but I haven't missed them. They do stay in the trunk however in case they're needed.

I use 3M 4200 on my boat and I've thought about trying some around my G2 bakflip (it comes in black) as a non-permanent sealant but frankly I just haven't had enough water to worry about. In my experience what little water does come in runs down the sides of the bed, into the trunk channel and out. If I expect a heavy rain I just keep stuff an inch or two away from the sides and I've had no problems.

But anyway, if I were to use the 4200 I'd run a bead between the cover rails and the bed side panels as there are some gaps there and that's the only place I ever see a little water.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't see how you could leave the tie down cleats on and still secure the front of the Bak Flip down?!? I went ahead and took mine off. I appreciate your input on the silicone advice. I tried a couple of rubber washers to try to keep water out of the indentation above the middle bolts and if that doesn't work I'll go with the silicone. Cover does look nice on though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First thing I bought when I got my Ridge was the g2 bakflip. Great cover and works well! I have had no leaks and I installed it in 25 min. I ordered it from ebay which the seller wanted 690.00 plus 20.00 for shipping. I emailed the seller and offered him $600. He said he could do $625 shipped and I said sold! With the economy being what it is, times are tough for everyone so I usually offer lower and most of the time sellers are willing to give a little.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts