Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes the little things make a nice touch. I noticed on the intermittent wipers they will always wipe when ever you take your foot off the brake. Doesn't matter what speed setting they are on. Nice touch so you always have a clear windshield when starting out at a stop light for example.

L

·
0 Posts
Really?? I can't wait to drive it again to see that. Then again, I always can't wait. Thanks V.

J.C. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now all we need is a feature that makes
"
the windshield wipers, slapping out a tempo, keeping perfect rhythm with the song on the radioooooo!"

·
Registered
79 Posts
What I've noticed is they go into the slowest intermittent interval when you come to a stop, then resume once you take off. Not sure if brake or speed activated. Agree it's a hell of a feature.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Featser said:
What I've noticed is they go into the slowest intermittent interval when you come to a stop, then resume once you take off. Not sure if brake or speed activated. Agree it's a hell of a feature.
It's also speed related going faster to an extent with increased speed.

·
Registered
492 Posts
vertrkr said:
Sometimes the little things make a nice touch. I noticed on the intermittent wipers they will always wipe when ever you take your foot off the brake. Doesn't matter what speed setting they are on. Nice touch so you always have a clear windshield when starting out at a stop light for example.
I noticed that something was out of sync with the wipers. I thought I was losing it. Nice to know that the engineers put in these little things to push some of us closer to mental instability. Seriously, it is a nice touch.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I think this was introduced around 2003.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had thought something was a little off. I it seemed the wipers started to speed up and I just figured the intermittent knob must be sensitive. I will watch with the next rain.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
How oblivious am I? I hadn't noticed any of these things, but tried them all last night. Suprised Honda hasn't marketed this more.

·
Registered
460 Posts
vertrkr said:

you are kidding??? i will have to pay attention............agree, nice touch!

·
Registered
460 Posts
vertrkr said:
Nope, not kidding. They are also speed sensitive going faster with speed while in intermittent mode.
now that is sooooooooo cool. :cool:
by the way, is your ride still quiet after the wind noise fix you posted?
hope you made head way about the radio crackling and i believe there was one more issue you were working on. anyway, hope you have made progress.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jeffiam said:
now that is sooooooooo cool. :cool:
by the way, is your ride still quiet after the wind noise fix you posted?
hope you made head way about the radio crackling and i believe there was one more issue you were working on. anyway, hope you have made progress.
No, not really. After finally driving on the freeway I still have windnoise but certainly at a reduced level and from a different spot. I hear it now from the doors, not sure what's causing but perhaps the mirrors or side window trim. However, I think this is probably normal at this point for a truck, it's no Lexus after all. My Merecedes SUV makes more wind noise so I'm pretty satisfied at this point.

I still need to take my RL in to fix the radio and cowling trim, seems to be a never ending battle for my truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts