Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That's a very impressive truck. Nissan has a hit with this truck. Nissan basically took every design option a truck guy might want & gives you that option.

The Titan has never been on my radar but it is now if I decide to go full size for my next vehicle. It also makes me want to wait & see what the redesigned Frontier will offer.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Looks like there's a lot of value there. And that they've figured out that the profits are in all the accessories and upgrades that people will want.

Chip H.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
How do you say TORQUE MONSTER? The XD version in the video looks like a King Ranch on steroids.

I see the HP rating on the 5.6L is up to 390 from 317. Somehow I think it is getting the VK56VD from the Infiniti Q70/QX80. The gasoline version is new for the Titan. However, the VD has been used in the top Infiniti models and Nissan Patrol for years. I see it as a proven, powerful, and versatile engine.

I found this article about the transmission.

" Same Transmission as Ram 3500, Same Axles as Power Wagon
It’s interesting that Nissan’s senior vice president for sales and marketing, Fred Diaz, formerly worked for Chrysler in the Ram division. It’s also interesting that the Titan XD has the same Aisin six-speed transmission as the 30,000-pound rated Ram 3500 and the same AAM axles as the Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Coincidence or shrewd strategy? You decide."

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1501-five-interesting-things-about-the-2016-nissan-titan-xd/

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow all it needs is a toilet. Thats a pretty impressive truck wonder what the price tag is goin to be on them.
$40K to $60K. Should average in the $50K range. If you price it by $/lb it's a bargain as it's overweight.

I see Nissan is still using it's utilitrack system. It's pretty cool at first until you find out the cleats are prone to theft and are expensive. Stolen in the morning and by supper time they are on ebay. The bottom tracks are prone to fouling by debris.
Makes you appreciate well placed permanent tie downs. Sometimes simpler is better!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
$40K to $60K. Should average in the $50K range. If you price it by $/lb it's a bargain as it's overweight.

I see Nissan is still using it's utilitrack system. It's pretty cool at first until you find out the cleats are prone to theft and are expensive. Stolen in the morning and by supper time they are on ebay. The bottom tracks are prone to fouling by debris.
Makes you appreciate well placed permanent tie downs. Sometimes simpler is better!
Is that it, I dont have to worry about theft I have things to take care of that. So youve done research on this all new Titan and they have carried that over from the old one.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

Should be able to leave the cleats in the under storage compartments under the back seats. That will help reduce theft.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
If the tailgate locks, how will they slide the cleats off the end of the track?

Chip H.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
Now that is what i call a proper center console. Hint HONDA!!!:act030:

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
No mention of fuel mileage? Ouch... Probably don't dare bring up the subject...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Me and 98% of other people have little need to tow 12k or get 17 mpg. Cool truck but good luck selling them.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just announced by Nissan, 2016 Titan will start at $40,290 and Platinum will start at $62,710....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts