Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've scoured the boards as best I can as well as the fit charts on various sites like TireRack and achieved differing results -I have a 2011 Ridgeline RTL with 18 inch alloy wheels. The tires on it are OEM Michy 245/60 R18s - I want to put Nitto Terra Grapplers on it.

Without a lift kit or replacing the rims, is the same size my only option? Some seem to think I can fit 255/60 R18s on there but I'm not 100 percent (i'd like to but im not sure if they will rub or fit the rims.) Most posts I see here about putting on larger Nitto Grapplers are on 17 inch rims. Anyone know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to the chart as well as numerous related posts, 255/60/18 is the largest we can go on the stock 18 RTL rims, rub free whatsoever. I also plan on picking some a set my grapplers myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my conclusion based on what I read on the boards but many of the 'fit charts' on Amazon for example say they wont fit. Discount Tire says they are Plus Zero - meaning they should likely fit the original rims without much issue.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
Just for a heads up Terra Grapplers are crazy LOUD! I suggest checking out some Falken Wild Peaks, which look similar, but are much quieter, and cheaper to boot. Also they come with a pretty long warranty!

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
No prob - you will instantly notice the loudness. I had them on my F-150 for 40,000 miles and man the hum will break you down mentally. Also talking on the phone while driving became a huh/yelling type deal.

Switching over to the Falkens was like installing $500 worth of noise deadening material - LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yikes. As a committment phobe I was about to pull the trigger and now you have introduced DOUBT! I read there was some noise increase on the Nittos but until now I never saw that it was mind numbing. I like a little road hum but obviously not too much. It's a noisy interior to begin with.

I also noticed my Michelin OEMs have a nasty case of the Michelin Dry Rot. I was hesitant to replace them at 40K with tread left but now am ready to dump them.

PS - i am also in New England (NH) - Ice and Snow and Mud Season are going to get me onto a more agressive tire.

Also Ebrit - there are two types of Wild Peak - I assume you are referring to the AT's?

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
Yup, the all terrains. Here is a shot of them installed on my F-150. I paid $950 for all 4 installed last summer at Pep Boys.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
No prob - you will instantly notice the loudness. I had them on my F-150 for 40,000 miles and man the hum will break you down mentally. Also talking on the phone while driving became a huh/yelling type deal.

Switching over to the Falkens was like installing $500 worth of noise deadening material - LOL
I have Terra grapplers on my truck and only had a slight humming when they were new and don't make any noise now. There are a lot of people here with terra grapplers and I've never heard a complaint of noise. Possible explanations? your f150 is heavier, balancing issue, alignment issue, proper inflation, wider tire, or your f150 just doesn't deaden road noise like the ridge does? who knows but i would encourage the OP to ignore your experience.

and IMO those Falkens are ugly.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have Terra grapplers on my truck and only had a slight humming when they were new and don't make any noise now.
Same, basically. I can still slightly hear them, but it was never loud.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
Trust me the noise is still there. You'll notice more if/when you change to a different tire in the future.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
I'm not sure they are ugly...I thought they looked as good, or better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Trust me the noise is still there. You'll notice more if/when you change to a different tire in the future.
LOL, I make my living with my ears - I'm likely more sensitive than most anyone you know to variations in noise levels...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm not sure they are ugly...I thought they looked as good, or better.
Yeah that looks better, amazing the difference a little tire shine makes.

They both have that simulated sidewall tread design, which I really like the look of but always found kind of oddly embarrassing, like fake hood scoops or spray on mud. I guess it could be slightly functional in some way but it's pretty much just for looks. The Falken sidewall looks cool but I think it's a little too much for a Ridgeline.

If your on the fence about it I'd just buy based on treadlife and performance reveiws. Which I think the Falkens may win on, Factor in price and they may not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the nittos from Amazon for $204 each shipped via Prime. I figured this way I can return them without much hassle if they are overly loud or annoying. My next decision is to plastidip the rims at the same time. Have to go do some research on the durability of that stuff on stock rims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts