Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,594 Posts
Are you buying them for the look? Are you frequently off roading your Ridge?

They will certainly be a compromise for typical on road driving. Noise and decreased gas mileage will probably be the biggest issues compared to a good all season tire.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm running the regular terra grapplers in a 285/50/20 and am very pleased with them so far, I have roughly 5k on them so far. The g2's after some quick reading appear to be a pretty new tire which is why you don't see much talk about them. If I had the choice I would have went with the g2's when I got mine back in September. From what I read the g2 is a redesign and all around better version of the terra grappler.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm thinking about getting these for my new dodge because its one of few sizes in AT. (285/75/18)
I always though these are great looking AT terrain.
I had hankook dynapro on my RL and it was excellent, I wish I could find one in my size now

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I just install the Nitto Terra G2's last week. 265/60/18. They look great, have 65000 mile warrenty (better than goodyear duratrac's). they are not very noisy, I was surprised. So far I like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just install the Nitto Terra G2's last week. 265/60/18. They look great, have 65000 mile warrenty (better than goodyear duratrac's). they are not very noisy, I was surprised. So far I like them.
I was also surprised how quiet the Terra Grapplers were. I previously had General Grabber AT2's on the truck and those things hummed from 30-50 mph. Even going with a wider tire the Terras are still quieter than the Grabbers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am thinking about running the same size tire... what are the specs of your rims? good looking truck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For what it's worth went ahead with the michelins and have been very pleased - I do mostly highway driving and do a fair amount of hauling of vintage furniture and "junk" and the michelins have performed great with about a months worth of driving all across the country. Family trip to Florida and then a buying trip to Texas - nice ride, a little more growl to the look than the bridges I had on there - so all in all very pleased. Terra's with some XD monsters still always turn my head but since I couldn't afford to do both tires and wheels (one in college and one graduating this year) I went the conservative route and stayed with stock rims.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Love the way that your tires and rims look. I am looking at putting the same tires on my 2012 Sport. Did you have to put any lift kit into the truck? Do you have any rubbing? Please let me know, I would love to get these tires.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen this tire on any vehicle around here in WV.
I recently took my daughters vehicle to get tires. I was a walk-in at my local tire shop, so I had about 1.5hr wait.
They were packed that day, but I got to see several people that I haven't seen in a while so time went by fast.

I was paying attention to what everyone was getting.
Most of the sales were BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's & Michelin Defender LTX M/S.
This just happens to be the two tires I am deciding on getting next go around myself, so I got to see them on several vehicles.
Mainly the BFG's were all on trucks and most of the LTX's were on SUV's.

Maybe tire sales/selection is largely regional based, I dunno, but I see these 2 manufacturers tires (BFG/Mich.) on more vehicles than any other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts