1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda CEO Fukui: No incentives for Ridgeline

James B. Treece
Automotive News / October 21, 2005

TOKYO -- U.S. sales of the Honda Ridgeline are a bit soft, but don't expect Honda to offer incentives.

"The market is rough because of all the discounts" in the pickup segment, Takeo Fukui, CEO of Honda Motor Co. told Automotive News in an interview. "Our Ridgeline appears to be more expensive, but we think it is reasonably priced."

Sales therefore are "lower than our expectation, but considering the current situation I think that has to be expected," he says.
https://www.autonews.com/buyArchives.cms?newsId=13635

·
Registered
802 Posts
There may not be any incentives to buyers, but there is still, AFIK, the $1000 to dealer. Whether it's to consumer or to dealer, if you know about it, you can still work it into the negotiations when you buy.

(Funny thing is, the dealer I have talked to said "Hmmm...I don't know anything about that.") :rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know when the actual date was that this $1,000 deal took place? I bought mine on October 1, but I did not see any such deal. Can I take advantage of it still..you know, call my dealer and say where's my money?

LMAO!
Even if I can't do anything about it, I still got a fabulous deal at $1,100 under invoice.
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
It's not your money unless you are the dealer. Probably why you got that much under invoice, don't you think? Jeez...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
the additional $1000 incentive came in on Oct 4th or 5th I think - the dealer called me up that very day and said as a result he will take an additional 500 off the price they were offering me. the sales guy was pretty honest about the fact that they were going to make (at invoice) a total of about $1900 on the truck (incenti ve + holdback). depending on sales quotas, end of month, or end of quarter, they will cut deals below invoice.

sales of other honda vehicles also figures in to it. for example, the Civic and Accord Hybrids have sold at MSRP and with a wait list in the past 2 months so Honda dealers are making more than they would normally make on those two models and as a result are willing to be softer on Ridgeline negotiations. They realize that with gas prices going up, sales can be really sluggish at 21mpg for ridgeline OR Pilot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anyone tell me (us) how delivery charge figures into the dealer's invoice? Delivery is usually, what, $550? Is that shown on the window sticker so that it ends up as part of the bottom line, and is that really part of the dealer's cost? This would be important to know for people who are planning to buy in the next six weeks, so they can try to get $1000 off the "invoice."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts