Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday my wife and I went to our dealership to take delivery on the first of two new cars - hers (an 05'Ody). I knew my turn was still 6 weeks outfor my Red Rock RTL Ridge.

When I got there (Tempe Honda, Tempe, AZ) they had a few RL's in stock but of course not the red. They did have a blue RTL, but with the moon roof. I am not too picky on the colors having seen all of them before deciding. So the blue is right up there in choices.

Being the last day of the month, they must have been eager to sell. They offered me 1/2 the price off the difference between the RTL and RTL-m/r (an additional savings of $750) or a 6 yr/100k warranty. I took the 50% off m/r and ended up paying $1,663 [B]below[/B] MSRP!

Needless to say I am a happy camper now! The first ride home (120 miles) was a dream, especially with XM radio! I fell in love with it immediately (who needs a 6 disc changer??). I almost had some idiot put a ding my truck with their door in a mall parking lot, but it amounted to a small mark that later buffed out.

For those of you in the Phoenix area I highly recommend Tempe Honda, especially Internet sales rep Aaron Floman. He was not high pressure, willing to listen to offers and answer all questions. He kept me updated on our vehicles throughout the process. I will give him and the dealership high ratings when contacted for the survey.

I can't wait to memorize the manual!

Hey Delphi - if you see another blue RL up north, it's probably me! Be sure to wave or honk!

Thanks to all of you for your help, comments, etc., especially Vertrkr for the checklist, which came in very handy.

I'll keep you all posted on my adventures!

Kevin
(MM19)

P.S. - My wife's van is nice, too ;)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck. I originally had a blck one on order but it was taking too long. Another dealer had a green one and I drove it home and have not looked back.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good luck with your new Ridgeline and Odyssey. I know that you both will enjoy them. I was waiting for a blue and got a red, my fourth red unit in a row.

Tiger

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Mean,

You'll like the blue. It hides road splash well.

Vertrkr has an Odyssey and a Ridgeline. I have a Pilot and a Ridgeline. I wonder if anyone else owns two Hondas.

·
Registered
72 Posts
03 Ody & 06 Ridgeline RTL Navi (on order)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats!!

I have 2 Hondas, my new blue Ridgeline and a 2002 Civic EX.

Back in 1980, I had an Accord coupe, my brother had an Accord 4-door, my sister had a Civic and my inlaws had a Prelude all at the same time. We should have taken pictures of the driveway at Sunday dinner and sent them to Honda for a commercial!

·
Registered
321 Posts
utvnut said:
Congrats!!

I have 2 Hondas, my new blue Ridgeline and a 2002 Civic EX.

Back in 1980, I had an Accord coupe, my brother had an Accord 4-door, my sister had a Civic and my inlaws had a Prelude all at the same time. We should have taken pictures of the driveway at Sunday dinner and sent them to Honda for a commercial!

Thats funny. I also have a 2002 Civic EX(silver) and a Blue RL. I was going to trade the Civic in but with Gas prices getting high I figured I would drive that to work daily.

Doug

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I have an '05 Ody and an '06 Ridgeline.

L

·
0 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
Yesterday my wife and I went to our dealership to take delivery on the first of two new cars - hers (an 05'Ody). I knew my turn was still 6 weeks outfor my Red Rock RTL Ridge.

When I got there (Tempe Honda, Tempe, AZ) they had a few RL's in stock but of course not the red. They did have a blue RTL, but with the moon roof. I am not too picky on the colors having seen all of them before deciding. So the blue is right up there in choices.

Being the last day of the month, they must have been eager to sell. They offered me 1/2 the price off the difference between the RTL and RTL-m/r (an additional savings of $750) or a 6 yr/100k warranty. I took the 50% off m/r and ended up paying $1,663 [B]below[/B] MSRP!

Needless to say I am a happy camper now! The first ride home (120 miles) was a dream, especially with XM radio! I fell in love with it immediately (who needs a 6 disc changer??). I almost had some idiot put a ding my truck with their door in a mall parking lot, but it amounted to a small mark that later buffed out.

For those of you in the Phoenix area I highly recommend Tempe Honda, especially Internet sales rep Aaron Floman. He was not high pressure, willing to listen to offers and answer all questions. He kept me updated on our vehicles throughout the process. I will give him and the dealership high ratings when contacted for the survey.

Hey Delphi - if you see another blue RL up north, it's probably me! Be sure to wave or honk!

Thanks to all of you for your help, comments, etc., especially Vertrkr for the checklist, which came in very handy.

Kevin
(MM19)

Congratulations "Mean Machine" on the purchase of your new "Dream Machine". Tell your wife congrats too!!
Enjoy the ride(s)!!
J.C. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
shovelhd said:
Mean,

You'll like the blue. It hides road splash well.

Vertrkr has an Odyssey and a Ridgeline. I have a Pilot and a Ridgeline. I wonder if anyone else owns two Hondas.

In addition to my silver RTL Ridgeline, we own an '04 Accord V6. I traded in an '04 Accord V6 coupe when I bought the RL. The RL marks my 5th Honda product since 1999 (Acura TL, 3 Accords and now the RL).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Right now I have a Acura TL and my RL.

My TL marks my 7th Honda/Acura product in 16 years.

1983 Accord - sold it with 210,000 miles
1986 Integra - traded in with 195,000 miles
1987 Legend - sold it with 205,000 miles
1997 Accord - traded in with 65,000 miles
1999 Durango (oops that's not a Honda product in oh so many ways) sold it with 68,000 miles after a ton of $$$ in mechanical work.
2001 TL - still have with 68,000 miles
2003 CRV - traded in with 29,000 miles
2006 Ridgeline - still have with 1700 miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I love mine increasingly everyday! lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kevin,

Gald your wait is over, congrats on your new RL. So isn't it sweet driving up 17, I just can't get over it.

Will keep an eye for you next time I am down in the redrocks.

Robert

meanmachine19 said:

Kevin
(MM19)

·
Registered
283 Posts
My wife's favorable experience with her Odyssey was a strong factor in getting board approval for my Ridgeline. Good luck with both of your vehicles.

L

·
0 Posts
Well guys, this is my first Honda and I went all out!!
I still have my little 2001 Red Pontiac Sunfire ( I'm a firefighter so it had to be red ) in the driveway which I parked 2 months ago, coincidentally the day I got my Ridgeline. She has 120,000 miles. Todd drives a 2000 White Ford Explorer with 130,000 miles on it and in my driveway sits my poor 1977 Black 650 Yamaha screaming for me to ride her and got out of the 'Line. What she doesn't know that she will be archived next year when I get my VTX 1300. :(

·
Registered
297 Posts
ladyridge said:
Well guys, this is my first Honda and I went all out!!
I still have my little 2001 Red Pontiac Sunfire ( I'm a firefighter so it had to be red ) in the driveway which I parked 2 months ago, coincidentally the day I got my Ridgeline. She has 120,000 miles. Todd drives a 2000 White Ford Explorer with 130,000 miles on it and in my driveway sits my poor 1977 Black 650 Yamaha screaming for me to ride her and got out of the 'Line. What she doesn't know that she will be archived next year when I get my VTX 1300. :(
Ladyridge, are you union or volunteer? Brother-in-law is a 32 year paid ff and I've been a 40 year volunteer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is already my ninth Honda in my short 11 year driving career. Currently have a 01 MDX, 05 Acura RL and the Ridgeline. We are selling the MDX though. Also just got rid of my 02 S2000. Sad to see it go for sure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts