Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second post -hello everyone ! Got my truck October 31st - was hit by a guy running a red light 90 hours later. I was told originally that It would be 10 days till completion. I talked to the shop today and I am being told there ARE NO Upper control arms in existance and Honda next production date will be December 26th. I have a hard time understanding this. Does this seem correct to everyone? I buy nothing buy Honda, and reccomend them to everyone looking for a car, and this is the first time I have been really upset. Just an FYI. -Jason

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome aboard I wish it was on different circumstances though.

Have you contacted Honda America and asked them if this is true? Have you talked to a different body shop?

I hope the other guy's insurance got you a good rental.

I hope you next posts will be of all the good things you love about your truck.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your 1st couple hours! But welcome to the group!
Someone had posted a site with cars that were totaled out. I'll try to find it and let you know....perhaps they have a ridgeline to borrow from!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Trizzane said:
My second post -hello everyone ! Got my truck October 31st - was hit by a guy running a red light 90 hours later. I was told originally that It would be 10 days till completion. I talked to the shop today and I am being told there ARE NO Upper control arms in existance and Honda next production date will be December 26th. I have a hard time understanding this. Does this seem correct to everyone? I buy nothing buy Honda, and reccomend them to everyone looking for a car, and this is the first time I have been really upset. Just an FYI. -Jason
Jason, contact doctorJ by PM and ask him if he can give some advise. His RL was recently totaled. Also, any lawyers out there that can give this guy some advise on his legal options?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Trizzane! Sorry to hear about you troubles. I would demand to speak with the Honda zone rep immediately. If you don't get a quick and satisfactory answer keep going up the line. Don't stop at the first no. Most importantly, keep accurate and detailed records of every conversation that you have and let the people that you are speaking with know that you are doing it. Six weeks to get a part for a current production model is unacceptable. Honda is better than that. You deserve better than that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info and advice. Twinjogger asked me for the part # and said the part is available but needs to be orderd as a critical order. I also spoke with a friend of mine who is the parts manager for a dealer in Buffalo and he said the same thing. I called the repair shop and asked if they orderd the part this way, and the lady i spoke to said they may not have, and will check with the guy that was ordering it. I should know tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve it. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks again everyone ! -Jason

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hopefully this works out for you in the end. The truth may be that it is hard to get parts right now, this truck has only been on the market for few months now. But like others said keep pushing to see if you can get a better answer.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
That is a dreadful tale. I'm pulling for you to have better news tomorrow!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a remote starter/car alarm installed by a supposed experienced installer at BestBuy. They did a horrible job with switches dangling by wires, crooked antennae, and of course broken parts. They damaged the engine cowling and a plastic piece on the steering column. My Honda dealer told me that the parts would be on back order forever and not to hold my breath. They showed up a week later............. go figure. Just order your parts and I'm reasonably sure they will be there soon.

Gary P

·
Registered
363 Posts
If I remember correctly, I believe that auto manufacturers are REQUIRED to have sufficient spare parts available before the vehicle is released. Manufacturers are also required to maintain factory parts inventories for a vehicle for 10 years after it is manufacturerd. Furthermore, with Honda cutting back on production, they should have even more spare parts available. It sounds like this guy is giving you the runaround, or is trying to find used parts to substitute as new. I might suggest getting a second opinion.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think they are trying to screw me, I think its more of a lack of knowledge. He didn't try to substitute any other parts, just said I couldn't get it until the end of December. I told them they need to order as urgent, and the lady I talked to want sure if it was done that way. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy who placed the order. Will update when I hear anything. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would guess what is considered sufficient and what parts are required would be where you will find some difference of opinion. Also the timing isn't that long off, saying it will take 30 days to get a part in from the manufacturer isn't that long in reality. Imagine the size of the warehouse you would need if you had to keep every part for every vehicle for 10 years in quantity. I haven't found anything stating that they must maintain an inventory of parts. This doesn't mean they aren't required to make a part available for that long, just that it may be a special order thing that can take a reasonable amount of time.

If you can point me to where this information is available I would be interested. I know someone who was trying to give away a 9 year old civic to a charity and they wouldn't take it claiming parts wouldn't be available.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Left another messgae today at 10:30 -guy called back at 12:30 - somehow the part arrived today - go figure. At least he thinks so. 600 parts in the bin, 1 is supposed to be mine. We shall see. Front bumper needs to be repainted also (light scratches from hitting fence after I spun) and there is a barely visable kink in the roof that needs to be pulled and redone. So, he is saying will be 12 days from this coming monday. We shall see. For now it appears as though the main stumbling block has been resolved. Anyone wanna come give me a little push to start my CRX on the cold days? I'm sure the neighbors enjoy seeing the guy in dress clothes pushing the old car at 7am. ahahahahah Thanks again for all the info

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad to hear everything is coming together to repair your RL. There's a lot of mis-information regarding parts availability etc. Hope you get your RL back soon and feeling well.:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welp, just got a call, the truck seems to be done. (ahead of schedule -the second stated completion date) 26 days to repair in total. The insurance comapny states they are unable to determine who was at fault in the accident (after the police report states states the other guy "thought his light was green") and they refuse to let me send them pictures, and even video of how it had ot be his fault. (if you are being reasonable about the sequence of events) He gets off with nothing (no need to repair the 82' skylark) and i have my 500$ deductable, no car for a month, and who knows about my insurance rates going forward. I called the other guy involved and asked if he wants to go back and drive his route and see that leaving from the light he was at - his light at the intersection is definately red, and mine was green , etc etc - and see if he wants to call the insurance company back and tell the truth. This would only cost him his deductable. Otherwise im suing him for my deductable, missed time from work, and car payment for the month I didn't ave the car. So..... just glad Im getting the truck back. Will work on the PSP and XM mounts tonite. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Trizzane..can you ever forgive me?? I didn't see this thread til just now. OMG..I am so embarrassed. I hope everything works out for you and I am so sorry this happened to you. I'll subscribe to the thread to keep my eye on you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem ! ahah You cant see em' all ! Now that steelers logo... thats a different story !! ahahahaa

All should be ok, as long as the repairs were done properly. Will keep you all informed - Thanks !

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Obviously not so unusual to have a lack of replacement parts for a first year model vehicle. Especially parts that are not expected to wear out for a considerable amount of time. Just had same thing happen to me with another first year vehicle (I should have my head examined for having 2 first year vehicles at same time). Wifes Volvo V8 SUV just sprung a heater hose leak at 4 months old. The part had to come from Sweden (they have had V8 model in Europe for more than a year).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts