Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We consistently hear when folks are having issues with their Ridgelines, but what about those that have been mostly trouble free? Our Ridgeline is just a lil over a year old, around 13,000 miles, and we have not had any issues that we ourselves have not created. We would like to hear from others who are like us, no problems and just loving our Ridgelines?
Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Iv'e had my 2017 RTL since Nov. 2016. I took it in for the recall on the fuel pump cover. I've had no problems--just routine maintenance.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
So far, so good with our 2019 RTL AWD, though only 6 months/7400 miles old.

Had the hood jiggle but surprisingly step one on the bulletin - adjusting the stops (or whatever you call them) - seems to have cured it for now. Had the dealer check it out at the first service, and am glad our issue is thus "on record".

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
2018 RTL-E, 17k miles, no problems (checked and the plastic sheathing on back-up camera cable has split, but wires are intact and camera working perfectly).

Reactions: YetiXing

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
No problems (other than one body panel misaligned) with my 2017 RTL-T with 20K miles.

Reactions: YetiXing

·
Registered
40 Posts
We consistently hear when folks are having issues with their Ridgelines, but what about those that have been mostly trouble free? Our Ridgeline is just a lil over a year old, around 13,000 miles, and we have not had any issues that we ourselves have not created. We would like to hear from others who are like us, no problems and just loving our Ridgelines?
Bill
Hi All, we bought our 18 RTLE in March of 18 and have slightly over 13K miles on it including a trip from our home in Colorado to San Diego and back. We are both retired and don’t accumulate a huge amount of miles. Had the recalls done and no issues. Did the rear door checkers myself, replaced interior and license plate lights with LED. Keep cleaned and waxed. Does well in snow as long as you don’t think it’s a Jeep Wrangler. Son is a senior tech at a local Firestone so maintenance not an issue. Getting ready to relocate to Phoenix Arizona area this fall from SE Aurora Colorado so snow not an issue. We’ve used it as a real truck since purchase hauling garden supplies, moving huge amounts of items to donation centers, moving excess furniture, etc. No issues. Looking forward to more moderate off-season weather in Arizona so I can keep it cleaner more often. Enjoy your RL!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FANTASTIC!! I think Carl P's simple statement says it best, "I think you will find we are the silent majority." Keep the good news coming, it is very uplifting!! :)

Bill

·
Registered
187 Posts
My RL is only a couple months old, so no issues yet. I am VERY meticulous in maintaining my vehicles and keeping them looking nice. First thing I did was wash, clay, polish, and protect the paint. I did notice a few flaws in the paint where it looked like a spec of dust got under the paint. Most people would never notice, but I do. That's the only quality issue I could find on mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Only on 10 months old but 12K mileage (trip to Texas and back with Uhaul) no issues yet. Would be interesting to hear more from the 2017s :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hate to say this ....2017 bought new 01/2017- now with 19K miles and NO issues aside from rear tailgate wiring harness loom just barely showing signs of cracking that I recovered to prevent future issues. Oh, and the dealer damaging my rear step hitch that they EVENTUALLY replaced after fighting with them.

I hate to say it because I probably jinxed myself now. :(

·
Registered
553 Posts
Man, I am glad this thread was started........lots of negative posts, thinking I made a mistake buying the Rigi. 8 weeks of constant big ol’ grin visible in the rear view mirror so far. 3 years of flawless Gen 5 CRV ownership but reading posts in that forum you would think a Yugo was a better car.

My back is getting really bad, making egress/ingress more difficult with the lower CRV.....so I traded it for the Rigi. Took the hit, but moved on. Rigi egress/ingress is so much more comfortable than the lower CRV. I don’t miss the CVT, but I do miss the 25+ mpg farting around town. I also thought the turblow in the CRV was amazing.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Rigi egress/ingress is so much more comfortable than the lower CRV.
I really got to agree where the G2 Ridgeline is just the perfect height for easy slipping in and out of it! No having to duck under, or climbing up into. Another thing that appeals to us is how you sit up in the Ridgeline with lots of glass to see out, I cannot stand those vehicles where you sit way down low with the squatty windows, I get claustrophobic!!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
2017 - Bought 10/16 - now have 35,000 mi on it. Back to dealer once for fuel pump cover recall. I have done all my own maintenance. No leaks inside like some have reported. Tires still ok but I will replace them in the fall when they offer the 3 for 4 deal (hopefully Continentials Terrain Contact H/T unless i find a steal of a deal on tires).

Steve

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
2017 - Bought 10/16 - now have 35,000 mi on it. Back to dealer once for fuel pump cover recall. I have done all my own maintenance. No leaks inside like some have reported. Tires still ok but I will replace them in the fall when they offer the 3 for 4 deal (hopefully Continentials Terrain Contact H/T unless i find a steal of a deal on tires).

Steve
Tires are not much fun to pay for, but man what a difference - kinda refreshes the whole driving feel. Made my old G1 "stick" better each time. Only 7.4k miles on the G2, so it'll be a while.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I’m at 44K. Bought late august 2016. Had the wire harness and fuel pump cover recall done. Had that top piece in the back replaced under warranty for that warping that occurs...has done the same thing basically with new piece.
I’ve done my own fluids change. Probably do another rear diff fluid change sometime in summer. Knock on wood nothing with the injectors. It’s an rtl so more limited chances for some things to be a problem.
Still on stock tires. Thinking about new ones maybe beginning of fall.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts