Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Just the hood flutter TSB. That’s it. Had it out yesterday in flood rain conditions on the tollway yesterday. It was a beast and a review for another day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lifestyle change, moved to FL.. Then wanted back into a truck. A Ranger or another Ridgeline. Not even close.

·
Registered
267 Posts
A bit over a year and around 7000 miles and I'm still loving my RTL-T. I still get a kick out of people that see my tailgate swung open and the trunk lid up that are blown away! Overall this is by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned.
I did however notice two things, the first about 5 months ago the second just started in the last couple weeks. First, both front wheel arch trim pieces have broken tabs at the top so they are a little loose and stick out about an 1/8" or so. Not sure if that's been that way from the beginning or not but can't imagine how that would just happen...the other thing is a rattle in the back seat/door passenger side that's driving me nuts. Tried the head rest, seat belt and the covers that snap over the child restraint anchors to no avail. May try to pop the door trim off and see if there's anything obvious, other than that I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just happened to notice that my dentist was driving a generation 1 Ridgeline so I asked him about it where he enthusiastically responded that it has been serving his needs perfectly and it has been the most trouble free vehicle that he has ever owned! (y)

Bill

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just happened to notice that my dentist was driving a generation 1 Ridgeline so I asked him about it where he enthusiastically responded that it has been serving his needs perfectly and it has been the most trouble free vehicle that he has ever owned!
Those G1s seem to be solid. Hoping my G2 is problem free (so far so good) but judging from the posts on here, there seems to be a lot of problems.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Hoping my G2 is problem free (so far so good) but judging from the posts on here, there seems to be a lot of problems.
Me too. I take some comfort that the reports on this forum may not be a good measure of the real world.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just another data point: I have about 106,000 miles (170,600 km) on my 2017 RL and have to date had no injector or transmission issues.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,398 Posts
Only had mine since April-3,000 miles, but towed our travel travel trailer (approx 4,000 lbs.) with no issues. Loving it. No squeaks, rattles or bad behavior so far.

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
2017 here. None until one week after turning 36 months I noticed warping on B pillar plastic.. Honda giving me the run around.......... case is still "open" so they say..
IMG_20200725_144613747 (1).jpg

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
Looks like it was exposed to a death ray. I believe that piece just snaps out and is easily replaced.
Yeah I am aware of the "death ray" but if it is, I cant figure where I would have parked to be in the path of it.. and that recycled bottle plastic that Zroger mentioned they do at the Alabama plant might have something to do with it.......................

41 - 56 of 56 Posts