Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Mike, get on with the overdue maintenance my friend. You are a handy guy! Get the fluids and change them at home. I am at 5% and I just realized I need to do my ATF as well.

Changing out the iMOES is not preventive, but it worth looking at it or even swapping it out with a different unit to see if you have any issues. I have 235K+ on mine and it fires up every time I turn the key and I use the cheap gas from known gas stations.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
OT, but I just noticed last night that my sunroof is tilted and the driver side rear sits lower than the passenger side. That seems strange. Sunroof seems to work fine. Just another item on the list. The Honda still seems to do almost everything it鈥檚 ever been intended to do. Certainly due for some love though.

Registered
Brownie points for that :) Once my ATF fluid gets here (I was 1 qt short), its time to get the oil and ATF changed out.
Theres a lot of people out there that just don鈥檛 get the Ridgeline. Then there鈥檚 others that out of ignorance refuse to see what鈥檚 right in front of them. They will point out this and that, that other trucks do but the Ridgelines don鈥檛, without ever acknowledging what the Ridge does and theirs doesn't.
why I love my Ridgeline is, it can be a car if that鈥檚 what I choose to think of it as, or a truck. It surpasses my needs in every way as both. It鈥檚 a very unassuming sleeper in many ways. For those that say it鈥檚 not a truck, there鈥檚 plenty oF videos and commentary out there that proves it can hang with and many times kick butt with the big trucks.
It also has a sinister surveillance kind of look to it. Like it鈥檚 hanging back but about to pounce.
it was ahead of its time and the truck world has been coming to grips with that only in recent years because their pride wouldn鈥檛 let them admit that a Japanese car company thought of cool stuff That they didn鈥檛. I like to think they put function before form and then created a pretty cool form around all that function. It must have really pissed of Chevy, ford and the rest that they couldn鈥檛 do some of the things Honda did because of the obvious copycat press they would get.
i Love this truck for all the reasons the other guys don鈥檛 get it. Mine鈥檚 a grey metal 2011 RTL with Nav in pretty much superb condition and if I ever do let go of it, it still will be.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
There are many folks on ROC who are as passionate as you are @Tin-man . Glad you love your truck and feel emotionally connected to it.
This is indeed a swiss army of vehicles and many outlets, including MotorTrend, have settled on the notion that this is indeed a pickup truck; regardless of how a vehicle was considered a truck traditionally.

Keep the love for the Ridgeline, stay committed to it, and it will surely serve you well for years.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I won鈥檛 ever sell my RL. The only possible replacement I could see would be a cybertruck. Kids at 13.5, 11.5, and 8.5, I am sure it will be very useful in the future even if I was to replace it.

Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
@mnowaczyk I updated my original post with the graphic for the body ground locations, they need to be making good contact and not corroded thru. Added here for good measure...

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
@mnowaczyk I updated my original post with the graphic for the body ground locations, they need to be making good contact and not corroded thru. Added here for good measure... View attachment 403420
Thank you! It does look like that bolt on the body/frame is rusty (where there鈥檚 apparently a good sized wire running to the frame). There is a good bit of rust in the engine bay that maybe I better start addressing if I want to keep this truck on the road a long time.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts